Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for securing helmets to the bike. Seems to me there should be an easier way without having to remove the seat. I've considered some type of short cable that can go through the D ring on the chinstrap and around the grab rail but wanted to toss out the question to others on this forum who are wiser than me 馃槈. TIA

Registered
I occasionally secure my helmet and jacket to the bike using one of these. The cable stretches 3 feet so I can run it through the helmet and jacket sleeve. Its small, fits in the palm of your hand.

Registered
I do the same thing as @zebraranger. One thick security lock that runs through one jacket sleeve and also through my helmet. If I'm doing something that requires me to leave my helmet and jacket on the bike, this has always worked for me. Plus it can be used to lock the bike to a tree/post etc if needed. Nothing will stop a determined thief but a deterrent will make him move on to an easier target.

Registered
I started with a Givi top case that is has a volume of 30 liters. The full face helmet fits with gloves. But - Duh! what about the jacket so I bought a Givi B47 top case that shares the same mount. So the B47 is a 47 liter top case and fits two helmets or one helmet and jacket/gloves. 47 liters sounds big but you don't even see it in the mirrors. Bonus you can buy the LED light kit for the B37 or the B47 cases and tie into the brake light and now have three brake lights (original and two on the case). The kit has a part number E126. Be seen be safe.

Registered
In Indonesia, I had a helmet with a hole through which one could put a bicycle cable lock.

I wonder why no other helmet manufacturer does this?

Registered
In Indonesia, I had a helmet with a hole through which one could put a bicycle cable lock.

The Helmet would not be safety certified if it has a hole. Like Snell - you can't even have a internal half sun visor that is movable like on a lot of helmets these days. Here in the US the DOT is a lot more lenient than Snell but no holes are allowed. It would be a weak point.

Registered
My helmet has no D rings so the widget suggested won't work either.

Registered
Well I bought 2; 1 for the handlebar and 1 for the rear grab rail.
View attachment 184024 View attachment 184025
Triggerfish, that's perfect! I've used something on my other bikes called "Helmet Guardian," which has a very similar lock mechanism, but they're apparently out of business. (It is mounted on a bracket installed behind the license plate and has two locks, one on either side of the plate. But I think our Versys rear fender is a bit flimsy to use that design, anyway.)
The only thing I could find before, was something made by Kuryakin for 1" bars. Of course it doesn't work. Waste of money, that. :(

I think this could also fit somewhere on my T-Rex crashbars. Anyway, that's exactly what I was looking for.
Thanks for the link!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My helmet has no D rings so the widget suggested won't work either.
Just an fyi, my wife's helmet has no D rings too, but I can place the strap in the hasp so that the rachet portion prevents theft short of cutting the chinstrap (same as if it had D rings)

Super Moderator

Seems to me that they DO - full-face helmets have the large eye-opening that you can run a lock thru, then attach it to the bike. I use a "ski-lock" that I run thru there, and around a frame piece by the seat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts