Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has suggestions for securing helmets to the bike. Seems to me there should be an easier way without having to remove the seat. I've considered some type of short cable that can go through the D ring on the chinstrap and around the grab rail but wanted to toss out the question to others on this forum who are wiser than me 馃槈. TIA

Registered
I occasionally secure my helmet and jacket to the bike using one of these. The cable stretches 3 feet so I can run it through the helmet and jacket sleeve. Its small, fits in the palm of your hand.

Registered
I do the same thing as @zebraranger. One thick security lock that runs through one jacket sleeve and also through my helmet. If I'm doing something that requires me to leave my helmet and jacket on the bike, this has always worked for me. Plus it can be used to lock the bike to a tree/post etc if needed. Nothing will stop a determined thief but a deterrent will make him move on to an easier target.

Registered
I started with a Givi top case that is has a volume of 30 liters. The full face helmet fits with gloves. But - Duh! what about the jacket so I bought a Givi B47 top case that shares the same mount. So the B47 is a 47 liter top case and fits two helmets or one helmet and jacket/gloves. 47 liters sounds big but you don't even see it in the mirrors. Bonus you can buy the LED light kit for the B37 or the B47 cases and tie into the brake light and now have three brake lights (original and two on the case). The kit has a part number E126. Be seen be safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts