Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes, you might need to be a beer-holder in order to see the beauty.

Post a pic of the ugliest model motorcycle you can find from the year you were born. Be sure to let us know what it is, so we can duck out if we hear the name mentioned at the local watering hole.

1971 Harley Davidson Super Glide FX

Nothing says fake body work quite like the backside on this honey. Gotta wonder who thought that looked good.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A lot of beautiful bikes from the 1940s and 50s - Nortons, Indians, Triumphs etc.

But from 1948, it would have to be the 'Noddy'

The Velocette LE was a motorcycle made by Veloce Ltd from 1948 to 1971. The designation LE stood for "little engine". (149 cc (9.1 cu in) four-stroke, water-cooled, horizontally opposed twin-cylinder). Used by over fifty British Police forces, the police riders became known as "Noddies" because they were required to nod to senior officers, and the LE was nicknamed "the Noddy Bike". Production ended in 1970 when the company ran into financial problems and went into voluntary liquidation

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
That Noddy bike is gosh awful ugly!

Reactions: 52Degrees

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you must be on the bottle if you think that's an ugly bike
After abandoning the pandemic thread and starting the Things I Miss thread (which was meant to be a funny story about me emailing my gym but just sounded depressing), I thought it might be fun to talk about what innovative technology came out the year each of us was born.

Then, I remembered this is a motorcycle forum, and thought it would be more appropriate to talk about the prettiest motorcycle that was new when each of us became new ourselves.

That's when I saw that Harley model, and threw up a little in my mouth. I think it's revolting. Kind of like a 71 Mustang or Camaro. I think the drugs from the 60s ruined the good taste designers had.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i would have to agree with ya on the mustang and camaro
The front end is a Harley. That's fine, I suppose... Nothing groundbreaking there. Not ugly.

The back end of that bike, to me...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like they top out at about $15k. It's an AMF bike.

·
Premium Member
7,812 Posts
Born in 1957 , all the bike i saw was awesome and we had a lot for British Bike like Norton , Triumph , BSA and late 70,s the Japanese bike started to make In road but nothing ugly on this side of the planet.

Or maybe I don,t have any eye for Ugly..Beauty in the eye of the beholder.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Or maybe I don,t have any eye for Ugly..Beauty in the eye of the beholder.:wink2:
Like many of my posts, this was intended to be fun, or funny. I wanted to make analogies with women, but that can get gross pretty quickly. So, here we are. It's imperfect at best, but still fun.

·
Premium Member
7,812 Posts
Like many of my posts, this was intended to be fun, or funny. I wanted to make analogies with women, but that can get gross pretty quickly. So, here we are. It's imperfect at best, but still fun.
:thumb:with you all the way. This site has at some point lost its fun side , there used to be post on jokes alone - like signage from different countries. We will think of something to make the site more fun during this difficult time.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Born in 1957 , all the bike i saw was awesome and we had a lot for British Bike like Norton , Triumph , BSA and late 70,s the Japanese bike started to make In road but nothing ugly on this side of the planet.
:wink2:
I agree that 1957 had some beautiful bikes, but there was this...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The Frustrated Motorcyclist

:thumb: This site has at some point lost its fun side, there used to be a post on jokes alone -
You want a joke, here you go.

Son: Dad, please buy me a motorbike for my birthday.

Father: No son, I'll rather buy you a violin.

Son: Please dad, I want a motorbike!

Father: Son, it's better to be a musician than a biker.

Son: OK then, give me the violin if you insist.

After a long while and many music lessons, the father asks: " Son, show me what you've learnt thus far."

Son says, "No problem............”

·
Registered
483 Posts
I don't know if these are THE ugliest bikes from 1961, but a quick Google search brought up these two. Actually, the 1st one, a DKW, is kinda Art Deco Gone Haywire Cool. The 2nd bike, a Tuppeware-covered Ariel, looks like it could be the inspiration for the Honda Pacific Coast.

Reactions: 52Degrees
1 - 20 of 37 Posts