Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leave for work every morning at 5:30 I take the freeway and generally make good time to work.

I average the speed limit which is 120 kph. As I was accelerating out of the onramp onto the highway which has a pretty nifty twisty bit in it. A pedestrian ran across the Highway right into my lane. (considering it is pitch black still at 5:40) I seriously thought this was it, As I panicked and went for the front brake I dunno how but 'I "bumped" the right hand handlebar,and the whole bike took the most awful gut wrenching wobble.I missed this guy by less than a meter.

Unfortunately this happens quite often where people risk their lives and dart across a four lane highway. (absolutely insane). We have a extremely high pedestrian mortality rate,I am speaking under correction but I think it's as high as 10 000 pedestrians a year which get hit by vehicles.

This incident scared the :censored: out of me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It still is.... Luckily I have pretty strict routine about visiting the loo before I leave otherwise a clean pair of shorts would also be needed:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts