Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, folks... This may be a stupid question but, on page 55 of my instruction manual it says something about the tool kit and a U-Lock. I'm missing the U-Lock and the dealer says that neither of the other two they have in stock has it either. Does anyone have one of these that came with their bike? If so, what the heck does it do?

Thanks,

A

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Bear on a Bicycle is right. When I was getting the the dealer orientation, I asked the guy where to hook the helmets under the seat. He grabs and removes one of the rubber straps under the seat and tries to figure out how it would hold the helmet to the helmet hook he found on the side. I went home and read the owners manual and had quite a laugh when I read what those straps were really intended for!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the "official" <g> U-Lock listed on the Kawasaki.com Versys Accessories page. Probably overpriced, but I know it will fit properly under the seat.

Now someone feel free to tell me a X" long U-Lock by Brand Y at half the price will also fit :)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I bought the "official" <g> U-Lock listed on the Kawasaki.com Versys Accessories page. Probably overpriced, but I know it will fit properly under the seat.

Now someone feel free to tell me a X" long U-Lock by Brand Y at half the price will also fit :)

Actually, I was hoping you were the guy who found the cheaper alternative...:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
I kind of like this lock, not only does it lock the brake disc but it also has an alarm with any movement or shock to it; it sets an audible sound enough to turn heads if you strategically parked your bike close to a high traffic area, like an entrance.

But the cool thing about this lock is since it does go off when the bike is moved you will never forget to remove the lock before taking off---not that you could. :D

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...Disc_Lock_with_Alarm&WT.mc_ID=10002&WT.srch=1

Of course you would never park your MC far away from your site anyway. I would even use it at home inside the garage or carport just in case you do sleep like rip van winkle your neighbors would at least look out to see what the heck is going on.

I think I would get two one for forward motion at the front wheel and another for backward motion put at the rear wheel. Had I had this lock on my KLR it wouldn't have gotten stolen. Police told me that if the bike is not lock to a light post or some solid object its as easy as taking a furniture dolly and leaning the bike over and roll it away to where they can load it around the corner.

For less than $200 its cheaper than most alarms and probably just as affective in MHO. :cool:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I actually have a Xena and it works Great! Only problem I found with using it on the V is the Front disc has too many holes in it and the Lazer eye doesn't activate properly. Fits fine on Back brake anyway. They are a fairly heafty item too. when you pick it up, you know you're holding something for sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No one would steal a Versys. They are too weird looking! ;-)

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's one of the things that attracts me to this bike. I never worried too much about my KLR getting stolen either.
Funny, when people look at my Versys, they always say, "hey is that a street bike or a dirt bike?". That is, non motorcycling people. People can't figure out what it is. Where I live, everyone rides Harley's and cruisers, because, well, ummm, everyone rides Harley's and cruisers and they think they belong to some big ride slow and scowl club. I rode a friend of mine's cruiser and I have to say of the all of the many bikes I've ridden, that was the least enjoyable or entertaining. Sorry, off track!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts