Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have Michelin Pilots,had a rear puncture at about 60(not overkeen on that sensation) repaired by road with plug but hole a bit big .So What next ? Rather think it would sit better with something like an Avon Distanzia. Any thoughts anyone also if I replace the rear with an Avon is it ok to keep running the Michelin on the front.
Thankyou in advance

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
I had the Michelin PR3's on my Versys and PR4 GT's on the FJR. If i still had the Versys i would get PR3's or PR4's....

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had the Michelin PR3's on my Versys and PR4 GT's on the FJR. If i still had the Versys i would get PR3's or PR4's....
I absolutely agree. Very nice tires, especially for the current season. It seems like the Pilot Road 4's may end up lasting longer and don't cost too much more than the Pilot Road 4's.

That being said, if you're going to get into some light off roading- people seem to think the distanzias are a great tire. Snoop around reviews on ADV rider for a while. There are far more opinions over there. Mixing the two wont cause any problems. You'll still have terrible grip off road because the front is the important one.

Michelin PR3/4's are hands down the best on-road all season tire. It's what the C.H.P. bikes use.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't trust those results exactly- not because it was on the manufacturers website but because Dunlops make the list and we've all had our experience with those....

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
The Dunlop tires that come with the bike are like the half filled printer ink cartridges that come with a new printer, they are not reflective of Dunlop's production tires. Continental do the same thing with Road Attack vs much cheaper Conti-Motion as does Bridgestone with different lines for retail sales and OEM use.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Dunlop tires that come with the bike are like the half filled printer ink cartridges that come with a new printer, they are not reflective of Dunlop's production tires. Continental do the same thing with Road Attack vs much cheaper Conti-Motion as does Bridgestone with different lines for retail sales and OEM use.
Always thought that when you buy a new car only the otherway around bought a new fiesta van with Michelins on it it did best part of 30k on them,never got that on any replacements of any make, did over 200k with it in 3 years as a courier .PR 3 on its way for me anyway
Thankyou all !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 09 v came with brand new Dunlop Q3's on it. I've put a little over 500 miles on them and I'm really liking these tires.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts