1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Just asking why?

Tire pressure monitors work better (but still not very well) for larger vehicles rather than a motorcycle tire. They aren't sensitive enough to pick up small pressure variations which might have a big impact on a motorcycle tire, but very little impact on a car or truck. And typically the system requires quite a bit of hardware which doesn't make a difference on a car or truck, but would on your smaller V.

If you really don't like checking your air pressure because it can be a pain to get to the valve stem, have right angle stems put on. That's my plan when I replace these stock tires in the spring.

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
Just asking why?

Just didn't work for crap, not accurate at all. But its your money spend it how you want. I made the mistake of buying one only to find out it was worthless on a motorcycle. It was $200+ i could have spent on something else.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I replaced one in my wife's car. The transmitter isn't all that large, but I'll bet it would make you put additional weight on the rim to compensate. Besides doing it manually makes you physically touch the bike and maybe spot something you wouldn't have if you left it up to a sensor..

·
Super Moderator
19,131 Posts
Ever watch "big-rig" drivers going around their rigs w/ what looks like a small baseball bat, whacking the tires? The bat's rebound (and tire's sound) will give a pretty good indication of pressures, so what I've done is 'kick' mine at 20 psi, then 30 psi and then at the final pressures, to give me an idea of how much rebound I'll get. I STILL check pressures w/ a gauge every week or so, but using this method I check them EVERY day, and have found my pressures are pretty much right on the 'mark'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts