Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:thumb::thumb:

I rode today WITHOUT ear plugs for the first time in years without getting a headache OR feeling I would be deaf at the end on my ride. At 6' with a 30" inseam and the SC seat in +1 firm and was square in the quiet zone that the Givi threw up in the stock bolt location. There was a bit of flexing on the interstate when I was in truck traffic but nothing bad. The shield looks to be very well made and thicker than the stock.

PLUS it did what I hoped it would do and kept most of the bugs off the visor so I could see.

First time I can ever remember saying this about a windshield BUT it was money well spent! :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
really liking my 405 that I bought and installed last week

·
Registered
665 Posts
Put it on a MadStad bracket and then you can tweak it to perfection.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I fitted a D410ST to my 12 V a few weeks back.

If you want to eliminate buffeting then this is a good match. It is pretty good up to about 85km/h then you start to get more air around the head and upper arms. If anything I would prefer a wider and slightly taller version but then I am riding in the Australian winter at the moment, summer will be another story.

I have been communicating with Mark from Madstad and he is nearly finished the final product for the 2010+ V's with his Robo adjustable windshield brackets. When they are avail I will also pickup one of his 18" screens and test it out.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I got one right away and have enjoyed it for two years. :thumb: Then they came out with a really tall one. That just doesn't look good on the bike. I sent that one back! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It's just okay, mine runs in the top position. Had to trim the 'ears' off it to clear hand guards. Just a little buffeting at speeds over 75.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts