Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Ya got me all choked up here...thanks so very much for sharing.
Your young man's a lucky lad indeed to have a father like you.....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Was going to comment and point out my two favorite pics....looked through them again and decided I couldn't... they are all great. Very nice story...now if I could just convince my son and his mother that he'd be fine going for a ride with me! Hard sell...but I count my blessings...we all care for one another very much.:thanx: for posting!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Love that you taken time out for your son, what a great way to spend some time together and he will not forget it, love the ice cream lunch a bit partial to that sort of health food myself haha

·
Registered
775 Posts
Epic post Brother...You did with your son what I dream about doing with mine:clap: I keep sayin "someday" and now my boy is 15...Thanks for sharing and reminding me that I am running out of "somedays"...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you guys enjoyed the report. I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to spend that ride with him. I see the older two boys (16 and 14 years old) far less likely to want to take off with their old man for 2 days.

Evan and I are talking big for next summer's ride. We'll see where it leads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It does make a man think when you read and see a great post as yours....You certainly have your life priorities in the correct order.....Ride on brother

·
Registered
49 Posts
Go for the big trip. My wife and I took our two boys 11 and 13. On a 4,000 mile western US tour. I have been lucky and done a lot of cool things in my life but nothing compared to that trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
Go for the big trip. ... I have been lucky and done a lot of cool things in my life but nothing compared to that trip.
+1 My wife & I (no children) took 4 months to go 18,000 kms / 12,000 miles through the outback of Australian in 2005. Approx 1/3 on dirt / corrugated road.

That was some trip. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
That was a great read, thanks! Our oldest just turned 6, I can't wait to get him on the back of the Versys, even just for a short ride. Getting dropped off at school on a motorcycle is just so much cooler than the school bus!

Just out of curiosity, how old was your son when you took him on the bike for the first time?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts