Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any 08 V’s out there with a Two Brothers slip-on installed?

I just picked one up and shall we say the directions are, well, lacking…. My pipe came with a gold block and a different mounting bracket then what they show. Can someone post a shot of their install? This longer “L” type bracket makes it look like the pipe will set way to low. What I’m looking for is an image of the mounting bracket and how the pipe connects to that. BUT any help will be great. thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had one on my 08. From my memory, it slid on the header and large clamp was around the muffler body. This clamp bolted to one of the stock muffler mounts. It is a bit adjustable to keep it away from the back of the foot brake. I sold mine on this forum with pictures (pretty much the way it came off). It may still be up in the "for sale" section.

Good luck

·
Registered
259 Posts
I didn't have instructions either but this is what i surmised.

The gold block is a spacer between the big clamp and the bikes mounting point. It didn't seem to matter which way it faced.

Mount everything loosely and then slide the clamp and rotate the block till you see that there is enough space all the way around the pipe. Tighten everything down and sit on the bike and check it again.

Tried to get you a pic but too dark in the garage. :)

I'll try tomorrow if you still need it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Just a tip regarding the muffler. If yours came with the aluminum screws holding the tip on, replace them with steel allen screws. The aluminum ones can't be tightened properly, and it's not unusual to have the tip fall off. The steel ones can be had from Home Depot or Lowe's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Info guys. I have the bike ready to remove the stock exhaust, and I will get back to this project in a few weeks. ( this got bumped back on the list a bit... )

@WT100 if you get time and can get a photo that would be great..

as far as the screws, I will take a look this is a system I picked up on this fourm so that might have been taken care of already.. Will post once the new pipe is on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The new exhaust note is night and day with the stock system. It is much louder, but it is not obnoxious. I hope I don't bother my neighbors when I start her up at 6:15am for my daily commute. If you're looking for sound go for the aluminum or titanium. If you want looks go for the CF, but I don't think the sound on the CF slip-ons are as deep.

Regards,
Anthony
I have been thinking the same thing, about " Louder vs Obnoxious" but hey we have a bunck of Big loug Hog's on the block too, so all is good. I did get the CF pipe, and I will let you know what I think...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:: the Exhaust is installed, and it was way easier then I made it out to be. Once I got the stock can off it all made sense to me.(( Not sure what that extra bracket was for? Maybe for the Ninja? )) I love the Look and the sound of the TBR pipe, I also decided to leave most of the V's plastic off for now. Thanks for all your input.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Update:: the Exhaust is installed, and it was way easier then I made it out to be. Once I got the stock can off it all made sense to me.(( Not sure what that extra bracket was for? Maybe for the Ninja? )) I love the Look and the sound of the TBR pipe, I also decided to leave most of the V's plastic off for now. Thanks for all your input.
If you want, you can use the ER-6n belly pan. I think it's better looking. You need the pan and the two brackets that mount it to the engine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Great! Glad you went for it!

I did a lot of over thinking the first time i did a pipe switch too.

My TBR is not getting "old". Still get a little shiver every time she cranks up.
And now when i get the "rev hello" from the sport bike guys i can respond with a little V pride of my own.

And less plastic = more cool. :)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Any 08 V’s out there with a Two Brothers slip-on installed?

I just picked one up and shall we say the directions are, well, lacking…. My pipe came with a gold block and a different mounting bracket then what they show. Can someone post a shot of their install? This longer “L” type bracket makes it look like the pipe will set way to low. What I’m looking for is an image of the mounting bracket and how the pipe connects to that. BUT any help will be great. thanks
See if these photos help. First is the "front" side showing the gold block with the mounting bolt and pair of gold flanges.

Here is the "back" side showing how the bracket attaches to the gold block.

The bolt with the two gold flanges mounts to the rear of the two stock exhaust mounting points. One flange fits on the outside and one on the inside of the stock rubber grommet that's already in place.

The L shaped support bracket (at the end of the inlet pipe) mounts behind the small bracket that holds the right side lower fairing piece. It's secured by three small bolts and is plainly visible when the lower fairing piece is removed. Remove the black bracket, put the L shaped support in place, then put the lower fairing support bracket over it and secure the lot. It's probably not necessary to say, but it's almost esential to keep the bolts holding the muffler strap and the muffler to exhaust pipe clamp a little loose till everything fits to your liking before tightening everything.

Don't know if I've explained it very well - let me know if you have questions.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know if I've explained it very well - let me know if you have questions.
These photos helped a lot. I did not use that support bracket when I did the Install. I will look again tomorrow and adjust as needed. I saw that you were selling your TBR, bummer, but I have to say I understand. First time I started the bike after the install the wife came out of the house right away.

haha..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts