Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if you guys have experienced the same obnoxious sound from the Two Bros slip on, but I think I may have stumbled onto a good fix. I installed a Yoshimura Spark Arrestor P/N TEC-SB-B. I know some of you may be thinking that it's gonna smother the air flow, but It doesn't appear to do anything more than richen it up at Idle and slightly above. I imagine because it has created a lil back pressure. I'm not at all opposed to that. It doesn't snap and pop on the decel like it used to. I had installed the Two Bros Noise reducing tip prior to this, but it still had a lean condition that I didn't like. I removed it and installed the spark arrestor with the screen spot welded to it. That can easily be removed with a file or dremel if you choose to. I left the screen on for now just to experiment with all the throttle positions first. The part installed was $25 delivered to the door. Looking at the pipe now, you would never know it had this installed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's a pic of the insert.. http://www.magicracing.com/Yoshimura-Quiet-Core-Insert_p_254-1013.html

This pic shows the straight outlet, but mines has a slight bend that directs the exhaust outward more. The recess that the TBR DB killer sits in is about 1/4 inch larger in radius than the Yosh insert. You have to center the insert and tighten the cap. That's it your good to go!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not that I wanted a spark arrestor. I wanted the noise reduction. The TBR can is nice and I didn't want to get rid of it. I just wanted to make it a lil more neighbor/rider friendly. I also didn't want to get into fuel delivery issues. The TBR can made it run way too lean on the bottom end. Ya know one more upside is the fact that it stopped hunting for a idle speed when it was started cold. Within about 5 seconds it's idling steady. I paid $185 for the new can so I had to make it work. Thank you Microsoft for the refunds!

·
Registered
371 Posts
well it sounds like a cheap fix.... right on . Man you only paid 185 for your tbr ???? wow mine was close to 400. :eek: and whats the microsoft refund thing about :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well If you go to live.com and enter what your looking for there will be an advertisement up towards the top. Click on this link and you will see what I'm talking about. http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=two+bros+exhaust&form=QBLH Click on that advertisement. Then look for the 30% rebate stated at the top of the Ebay page. Find what your looking for and click buy it now. On the next page it will tell you what the rebate amount will be. DO NOT CLICK CONFIRM UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO COMMIT. It has to be Paypal eligible as well. Microsoft will pay you back, I personally know people that have got their money back in 40 days. You'll see how it works when you setup your Live Search Cashback account.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was curious about the TB exhaust and if it's loud on the Versys. I put a "custom" Muzzy 4-2-1 header w/mid pipe and with a little cuttin' and weldong, put on a TB Ti M2 can that's shortened 6" with a power tip to lower the db level a bit....it's VERY loud. No stealth mode for my Z1000. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The problem I have with the TBR is it doesn't even sound like it belongs on the V. It sounds too loud and raspy with or without the DB killer they offer. The typical can for a 750 is quite a bit bigger. This thing is small and sounds like one long fart at 7k rpm and above. With the Yosh insert is sounds deeper with a warm roar @ 3k and above. Much nicer! By comparison.. Firecrackers are loud too, but they don't sound good. Maybe I'm just getting old or I miss the sound of my VFR, but too loud just sucks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
TBR advises that the Packing be replaced every 10 hours of use. I have noticed a big change in DB's from 10 miles (Muffler broken in) and 1000 miles, time to change the packing!

·
Registered
92 Posts
So which one is straight and which is slanted? The current tip in the 2BR pipe is straight, but the end cap is slanted. Which one should be used here?

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Yoshimura's TEC-SB-A (like TEC-SB-B, but with different tip) quiet insert pics and dimensions found:
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394255&page=13

It's actually made for offroad mufflers used with smaller displacement engines. 15/16" minimum ID is a bit restrictive... How is it running with it, tacobellrocks? Is there no considerable loss in power?

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts