Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month after I got my V, I ordered a Two Bros. Carbon Fiber slip-on off ebay and payed $350 for it. 11 months later it came apart. The end that the pipe goes into the can completely separated from the muffler body. I was blaming myself for a possible mis-installation but I followed there instructions to a T.
So since I love Two Bros so much I ordered another one. This time aluminum also $350.
When I installed it I noticed a part that didn't come with my carbon can......a bracket that attaches to the barrel clamp where the 2 pipes slip together. I think not having the bracket was definitely the source of the problem. $700 later it seems to be proper. When my carbon can came it wasn't in a Two Bros box and the parts were in ziplocs. When I got my aluminum can it was in a factory sealed Two Bros box and the parts were in sealed bags. So be careful getting cans off ebay. God I hate wasting money in a recession.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I can't tell for sure if its repairable, but I'm thinking it might be worth a shot. Maybe if I shortened the body I could re-rivet the end on. Who knows? It might just be a waste of money and time. What would it take to ship that thing to VA? PM me and we can talk more. Thanks.

B-

·
Registered
22 Posts
Two Brothers advises to never let your bike idle for more than 5 minutes from startup with a carbon fiber can as it will cause failure of the carbon fiber material

1 - 5 of 5 Posts