Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe everyone knows this already but it was new to me

Watched a YouTube video and a guy showed how to turn off ABS on x300 without pulling fuse. I can't test this to see if it works because I don't have a center stand.
1. With engine running place bike on center stand.
2. Shift into first and then second and rev up to 7k rpm until new light on dashboard comes on, just took him a second.The ABS is now off.
4. The video showed him skidding and back wheel now locks up, didn't show front.

If you turn motor off and restart ABS will return. I know someone is willing to try this.

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300
82 Posts
Maybe everyone knows this already but it was new to me

Watched a YouTube video and a guy showed how to turn off ABS on x300 without pulling fuse. I can't test this to see if it works because I don't have a center stand.
1. With engine running place bike on center stand.
2. Shift into first and then second and rev up to 7k rpm until new light on dashboard comes on, just took him a second.The ABS is now off.
4. The video showed him skidding and back wheel now locks up, didn't show front.

If you turn motor off and restart ABS will return. I know someone is willing to try this.
Sounds like an accident looking for a place to happen. ;)

·
Registered
Vx300 Embrace the Revs!
257 Posts
Not necessarily an accident waiting to happen. When off road, it can be quite useful to be able to lock up the rear wheel. Arguably safer if you’re going down hill. I’ve ridden 50 yrs. had the Vx a little over a year now. It’s my first bike with abs.

·
Registered
2017 Versys-X 300
82 Posts
I was referring to placing the bike on the center stand, putting it in 2nd gear, and revving it to 7k rpm. A good way to launch an X if you're not careful! 🚀

Reactions: Itsgordo

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've tried this method - it works. But I've never been in such a situation where I've wanted to skid the rear tire. The bike crawls pretty slow downhill in 1st gear, with no throttle.
I'm not much of an off-road rider though.

·
Registered
Vx300 Embrace the Revs!
257 Posts
I don’t think it needs to rev that high? I’ll have to try it myself. I thought u just had to spin the wheel in 2nd. Yeah 7k in 2nd is a good bit of energy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts