Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my crash last week I broke my front throttle side turn signal. I am making my list of parts to repair the bike, and looked at the price of OEM signals.

1 signal is just shy of $50! So who has replaced their signals with something else? I do not want to give up visibility of the light for other motorists.

I was following a bike the other day, and sitting just a few feet behind them at a light I had to be looking very closely at the turn signal to see that it was actually flashing. To me, that is not acceptable.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've also seen bikes where you can hardly tell the signal is on. But what is it? Wiring? The bike? Or the lights themselves? I'd like to think that aftermarket lights would work just as good as oem.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've also seen bikes where you can hardly tell the signal is on. But what is it? Wiring? The bike? Or the lights themselves? I'd like to think that aftermarket lights would work just as good as oem.
Usully they are much smaller lights than stock. The owner does not want big and ugly signals, so they put smaller better looking signals. However, you cant put a big bulb in that tiny signal.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Check ebay usally stock parts there at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check ebay usally stock parts there at a reasonable price.
Yea I saw some on there that would work. Just seeing if there are any aftermarkets.

·
Premium Member
7,782 Posts
If you want visibility then stock is the way. After market ones are small and not as big as as the stock. They look nice but lighting wise still prefer stock as they are design to serve the purpose.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello.

I have changed blink lights, both front and back, to the type that sits on Kawasaki ER-6n (2007 model) which is approx. 3 cm. shorter, so they come closer to the bike, but the flashing light is slightly larger......:thumb:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello.

I have changed blink lights, both front and back, to the type that sits on Kawasaki ER-6n (2007 model) which is approx. 3 cm. shorter, so they come closer to the bike, but the flashing light is slightly larger......:thumb:

Those look nice. As do the rear ones on the 09' US ER6N.

But being that they are OEM they most likely would have been around the same price as the stock on my V. So instead of $50 to fix the 1 I broke I would be paying $200 for 4.:eek:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Dennis Kirk and others have replacement turn signals, pages of them. They are usually a bit cheaper than OEM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts