Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around and haven't found anyone else with this issue... but my turn signal stalks are coming apart.. 3 out of 4 now.

Where the stalk joins the body, and the metal plate bolts on to clamp it to the bodywork.. the rubber has broken down and come apart, leaving the stalk hanging.

I thought I had done something wrong on the rear when I installed my Givi racks and relocated the signals. Maybe tightened them down too much or some such. Then yesterday, I roll her out to wash her and one of the front stalks is dangling loose. Bikes never been down, don't use harsh chemicals, just soap and water, spends most of its time in a covered parking spot.

At $45 or so each, I don't want to replace them with the stock pieces, so I reckon its time for so low-pro replacements.

Anyone else found their turn signals less than durable?

·
Registered
169 Posts
First off, that does sound odd. Shouldn't be happening.

Being the cheapskate I am, I'd try finding rubber bushing or rubber washers to try a fix. The wiring just plugs in and out, so you can unplug and slide something over.

For me, I'd try a few REAL hardware stores first and see if you can problem solve something that will fit well and also seal out water......

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
That is strange, and something you usually only see on cheap Chinese motorcycle and ATV reproductions. No such occurence on other Versys' used in extreme heat, severe weather and environments.

You might find some stock turn signals here:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1285886

Most aftermarket universal turn signals are smaller and LED lit, which requires an LED compatible flasher unit or inline resistors. They also don't have the Versys' specific rounded rectangular base shape, and may be hard to adapt.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a complete set for an 09, but I've cut the OE terminals off to use with flush mount signals. I'll take $30 + shipping for all 4. No damage.
That sounds like a plan.. I'll PM you for info.. Thanks,

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The set I got from T Cothron are still holding up well... Only other parts I have had issues with are the grab handles cracking and my airfilter came apart in my hands. The airfilter was original so it was probably time... and the grab handles seem to be a wide-spread issue.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I've had to replace one of the front turn signals. Left rear is zip tied to keep it in place. I will probably replace all with cheap aftermarket sets.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Old thread, but an update..... the replacement set I got from T Cothron died today,, both rear stalks fell apart this morning...and the from left stalk gave up the ghost a couple months ago :(

Time for a set of cheap Chinese knockoffs..... lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts