Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
167 Posts
I've had both Signal Minder and STS..... Signal Minder replaces your flasher relay and is simply a timer... you set either 10, 20 or 30 seconds until signals cancel, no other choices.
STS works on accelerometers, so detects lean angle of turns and lane changes... and times out eventually in about 20 seconds if it doesn't cancel. For it to work well, you should plan a little in advance so that you are not leaning when you engage it.
Both of them require a mod to the signal switch but putting springs or foam... they work to momentarily engage a latching circuit, so the springs/foam simply put, make engaging the signal with a momentary switch action, not constant contact engagement as stock switch is.
Guess what I'm doing now..... training myself to use the stock method..... I'd like brighter dash indicators to remind me when I've left it on, the stock are a little dim. I did convert my VFR to bright LED's and that works very well for that. 'Spose one could wire up an LED to each signal and have it visible somewhere, simple and cheap.
Or one could send his cluster to Bluegauges in Buffalo and have the stock LED's replaced with brighter ones.... I don't have the skill.

·
Registered
2016 Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
167 Posts
Maybe for the Canajans.... There is a lightly used one here, which I can part with..... not giving it away, but make me a reasonable offer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts