Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
From my research, I would think that Signal Minder is a better option than smart turn system. the reason being is that it has more functions, like you can run turn signals as running lights, etc. But above all, it is plug and play. When I saw a youtube on STS installation, it turned me off, so much splicing. The SM simply plugs into relay. I am considering getting it, but need to make sure to get the right model. Not sure if it is SM-3 or 4. I see the one for my Versys showing 3 pins, and the new Versys has 2 pins. SM-4

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Could you provide a link or details about two pins for V1000 or V650?? My 2015 uses 3 wires from the signal switch. I would love to see the wiring drawing as they claim it plugs into the flasher?? Our bike is not Canbuss unless 2019 is changed.
are you sure about that? if I remember correctly, both 650 and 1000 use the same 2 pin plug. this is the plug that I have removed.
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Electric blue Gas

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I am more inclined to get Signal Minder, so I don't have to splice all the wires. I use a flashing brake warning upon deceleration, from the company that produce STS, and it failed on one of my bikes; the brake light began to act funny. I don't think I am going to go that route again. However, before fitting the Signal Minder (I don't care if it turns off the signal in 10s or 20s, as long as it does I am ok with that), and spending $ I am attempting to educate myself to turn the dumb turn signal manually when it is needed; it is a matter of mindfulness.

by the way, here, in Thailand, it is so common and annoying that all the people that rides their horrible scooters keep forgetting to turn off their indicators. basically, when you see someone blinking right, you assume that he/she forgot to turn it off. very dangerous.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The STS system gets cut into the 3 wires coming from the handlebar. What you have in the picture is the flasher relay. I have one just like that from my 2015 in my removed parts bin. Since I have gone 100% LED I have a 3 wire flasher which is a electronic adjustable timer.
you have a flasher relay with 3 pins connected to STS? I did install LED turn signals and still use 2 pin relay.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have auto cancel turn signal from factory in Tiger 800. but the bike is in India where due to general chaos on the roads, and the fact that I live in Himalayas, the thing is not very useful. same as the cruise control which I never use.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
can anyone confirm which connectors would work for Versys 15+ ? According to 'search bike' function it should be SM-4, but it shows 3 pins. So I guess, SM-3 is the correct one, but they say in description 3 pins too; it looks like 2 pin but the photo is not clear. the SM-3S has two pins, but the plug looks too small.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
An email arrived from Safer Turn System. It explained all the delays and shortage of product. Covid hit them hard, as many other companies were too. They almost went under but are back in business. Supply is still low, all products will ship end of August. I ordered the STS in spring and it was two months getting here, but they did come through.

To promote the return there is a big sale on now: 40% off all modules, lifetime warranty on all products, a 180 day return policy.
Use code 5CRNPQDY to claim offers.

I have no connection to the company, just a satisfied customer.
thank you for the link and discount code; i saved some money there! I ordered 3 of the units because I am terrible in remembering to switch off the turn signals. first I thought of getting signalMinder, but it was not clear which one would fit and these guys did not respond, so I went with STS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts