Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki Versys 300x TRex crash, skids, risers, O2 elim, 15T sprocket,Shinko 804/5, Led lights
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
there are aftermarket alloy wheels for Versys 300. made in Malaysia. Very nice.
But they are cast not for offroad I believe

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki Versys 300x TRex crash, skids, risers, O2 elim, 15T sprocket,Shinko 804/5, Led lights
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
and why exactly goop is not a good idea? never had any problems with it.
It's the name (Goop) that doesn't do it justice.............

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Look at the Google videos of riding X250s over there. Few cast rims are advertised for off road but that is where they ride them.
I'll check it out, anyone using them here? I'm part of the goop crew for now.

·
Registered
994 Posts
yes, there more for road. but then again, x300 is not really for serious off-roading. in the 650 forum, some members go off-road also with alloy wheels. the alloy wheels I got are really nice, but there is no reason to change really, if you don't want to.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
yes, there more for road. but then again, x300 is not really for serious off-roading. in the 650 forum, some members go off-road also with alloy wheels. the alloy wheels I got are really nice, but there is no reason to change really, if you don't want to.
[/QUO
I don't want it to be motorcross dirtbike, I bought the 300x because it's a reliable trouble free do it all well balanced lightweight adventure bike. Plus, with the few mods that are offered it really make the bike enjoyable.

·
Registered
994 Posts
so you might consider the alloy wheels. but the question is if you want to spend the $

·
Registered
527 Posts
I ride my V-Strom with alloy cast wheels offroad and on dirt/gravel all the time. People HAVE damaged cast wheels, but common sense advises you to moderate your speed on rocky trails. I never air down. I would rather ride a skittery bike than risk tyre or wheel damage.
The attraction of being able to easily and quickly repair 90% of punctures without removing the wheel is a great incentive for tubeless.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts