Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
2020 Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Grateful for any help. I'm trying to repair a connector that a mouse ate through. Can anyone tell from the photo what type of connector or size wire this is?
Plant Twig Tints and shades Terrestrial plant Grass

Premium Member
You need to post several things. The actual connector
What it is for and year of bike if other than a 2020 v650

Registered
2020 Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that. It is a 2020 Versys 650. The wire comes off the harness and connects to part 21176-0777. Pretty sure it controls the ABS sensor, speedometer, and odometer.
Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive design Flash photography
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Asphalt Road surface

Premium Member
That is the ABS sensor for the rear wheel? The damage is on the harness side? If so, not good news.
Here is one of my posts:

Premium Member
That is a Bosch abs connector. I tried sourcing in 2016. The link is still good. I will look at cycle terminal but have my doubts.
Several searches: Bosch ABS female connector - a Google search. Several come up as a assembly that you could butt splice.
Search alliexpress using Bosch ABS female connector.
Be aware if you succeed in getting the connectors and pins, you will need a special crimper from cycle terminal.

What I would do is get some 16 gauge wire, 4 of the 16 gauge butt splices , some heat shrink and fix what you have, unless the connector is damaged.
I have a post crimping 101 , with photos on proper crimping.

Registered
2020 Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is a Bosch abs connector. I tried sourcing in 2016. The link is still good. I will look at cycle terminal but have my doubts.
Several searches: Bosch ABS female connector - a Google search. Several come up as a assembly that you could butt splice.
Be aware if you succeed in getting the connectors and pins, you will need a special crimper from cycle terminal.

What I would do is get some 16 gauge wire, 4 of the 16 gauge butt splices , some heat shrink and fix what you have, unless the connector is damaged.
Thanks!

Registered
2020 Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I think this is exactly what I need. My connector is good, but getting all of these parts seems worth it just to get the right pins.

Registered
2020 Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think this is exactly what I need. My connector is good, but getting all of these parts seems worth it just to get the right pins.
Nevermind. Same as one you mentioned before gotta order 500

Registered
2020 Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I ordered the connector and pins. I looked at Cycle Terminal, is there a crimper there you suggest using @onewizard? Also, I am assuming it would still be good to get the wire and other things you suggested as well?

Premium Member

Premium Member
So I ordered the connector and pins. I looked at Cycle Terminal, is there a crimper there you suggest using @onewizard? Also, I am assuming it would still be good to get the wire and other things you suggested as well?
You will need to scroll up to see the start of crimping.
Have a look, I extended my wiring this year, up close operation of crimper. My crimper came from Eastern Beaver. Searching google shows several available at amazon.

Premium Member
Top of the line 16 gauge. Rated 600 volt and 200'C with tinned copper.

Premium Member
Gauge
About this item

• High Quality Ultra Flexible Soft Silicone Rubber Copper Wire!Super Low Impedance,Highly Efficient!
  • High strand count copper core,16 AWG silicone stranded wire has 252 strands 0.08 mm tinned copper wire,the copper strands are tinned,protecting them from corrosion and making it easier to solder.
  • They are constructed with premium silicone rubber insulation.High temperature resistance 200 degree C,Low temperature resistance,in extreme cold -60 degree C.Rated Voltage: 600 volts.Outside diameter 3.0 mm,tolerance +/- 0.1 mm.
  • 16 gauge silicone wire kit: 7 colors,red,black,blue,white,yellow,green and brown,each color 3 ft,total 21 feet.
  • BNTECHGO silicone wire are widely used for model planes,model cars,model ships,lamps,household appliances,electric heating appliances,meters,instruments,motor and digital fields

Registered
2020 Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Think I got it. ABS light is off now, it registers MPH, and mileage. Check engine light is still on, but I assume that is from what happened. Is there a way to tell what the check engine light is on for without going to a dealer? Figuring it just needs to be reset.

Premium Member
@onewizard I got some 16 ga wire, but the ones coming from the harness are 18. Is it safe to splice them together?
I have two threads, the butt splice needed is pink which has a range of 16 to 18 gauge, what you do is strip the 18 gauge back 1/2 inch and double over ( you may have trouble getting this into the butt splice-if so just strip 1/4 inch, as the splice is compatible with both}

Note I added some photos showing the doubled over wire to fit in a 10 gauge crimp and a single 16 gauge orange wire in a pink 16/18 gauge butt splice

Reactions: quexpress

Registered
2020 Versys 650
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have two threads, the butt splice needed is pink which has a range of 16 to 18 gauge, what you do is strip the 18 gauge back 1/2 inch and double over ( you may have trouble getting this into the butt splice-if so just strip 1/4 inch, as the splice is compatible with both}

Note I added some photos showing the doubled over wire to fit in a 10 gauge crimp and a single 16 gauge orange wire in a pink 16/18 gauge butt splice
That is a great idea. The butt splice I had went from 22-16. The wire from the harness was 20ga. Seemed to have worked, but if it fails, I will definitely give this a try.

Thanks for all the advice!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts