Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new truck a few weeks ago. Went to the auto parts store and got a new filter. Kinda shocked me that the 3.5 litre truck engine takes the same filter as my little Verseys.

Makes you wonder if the truck filter is to small. The physical size of it is way smaller than my previous trucks filter.

The truck is a Honda Ridgeline BTW.

·
Registered
53 Posts
All hondas use the same oil filter, from CBRs to Civics to your Ridgeline.

EDIT

I work for Valvoline, I have V, coworkers have an R1 and a CBR600.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Oil filter size envy, huh?

My Honda Odyssey's filter is the same size as my Versys'. That engine works fine coming up to 110,000 miles. I would assume that you will be able to find many Honda owners with much higher life engines that still depend on those little filters.

It is not the size, it is how you use it.

(By the way, my Ford Five Hundred's 3.0L engine takes a rather large filter and 6 quarts of oil per change. What a waste.)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oil filter size envy, huh?

My Honda Odyssey's filter is the same size as my Versys'. That engine works fine coming up to 110,000 miles. I would assume that you will be able to find many Honda owners with much higher life engines that still depend on those little filters.

It is not the size, it is how you use it.

(By the way, my Ford Five Hundred's 3.0L engine takes a rather large filter and 6 quarts of oil per change. What a waste.)
Filter size depends on the brand.

The FoMoCo filters are always huge, and on some cars getting them out is like a maze.

Puralator and K&N Filters are much smaller than there FoMoCo compatible.

Quality > Size

1 - 5 of 5 Posts