Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a satisfied owner of a 2016 Versys 650, especially after getting Steve's ECU flash. But I recently noticed that my local Kawi dealer has a 2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE that has caught my eye. It has 14,550 miles and appears to be well-maintained and in excellent condition. I plan to schedule a test ride at the end of this week. I think I can probably get it for around $1,000-1,200 after trading in my current bike.
Just curious if anyone has any experience with this particular model.
Thanks,
Hankster

·
Registered
439 Posts
The only experience I have is an obsession for that bike a few years ago. As far as hands on the best I did is a test ride on a Sprint ST, which uses the same motor. If the motor is similar I think you will really like the bike. Have fun with the test ride.

·
Premium Member
16,152 Posts
It was one of the bikes on my radar when i was replacing my FJR. Never rode one and went with the Versys 1000...

·
Registered
132 Posts
They are expensive to maintain and not very reliable. A friend of mine had a triumph Sprint and the bike was not in riding condition 70% of the time. Plus every part you need to replace has to be shipped form the UK(!), makes it much more expensive and the waiting times can takes months (while your bike is pending the fix). He ended up selling it for 1/3 the price just to get rid of it. I also like the looks of the 1050 tiger but not enough to forgo the Kawasaki reliability. No wonder why you see those tigers in immaculate condition listed for half the price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts