Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m looking at getting a Triumph. Just curious if anyone has had any experience with them, curious about reliability and ease of getting parts.

looking at a Tiger 1050 and a Street Triple R.

The street triple I’m looking at needs valve work, is this as straightforward as with out 650s just adding 1 cylinder?

I’m reading a book right now called “Got2Go”by a woman that rode a Tiger around the world, it wasn’t a 1050 though but she seemed to have good luck with reliability as far as major problems.

donno if I’m gonna keep my V650 or not. I love my bike but after riding Triumphs all weekend at the IMS show im itching for some 3 cylinder power. The Tiger 1050 has a little more than double the power of the V650, and sounds a lot cooler lol.

thoughts and opinions?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The new Tiger Sport 660 looks very appealing to this Versys 650 owner, maybe the only bike I'd consider as a replacement. Sweet triple engine, upright ergos, and a decent price too.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year bikes?

When you say valve job, are you meaning adjust the valves or rebuild the top end of the engine?
When I say valve job I just mean a valve check and adjustment.

The street triple is a 2013. The Tiger is an '07.

Looks like the street triple is gonna be sold before I wanna make a move which is fine, I really want a touring oriented bike.

I did some ebay searching and it looks like I can get parts fairly easy. I watched a few videos on the valve check as well and it looks just like my 650 just with one more cylinder.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The new Tiger Sport 660 looks very appealing to this Versys 650 owner, maybe the only bike I'd consider as a replacement. Sweet triple engine, upright ergos, and a decent price too.

Looks good. If I was gonna make a change I'd want to move to something with a good bit more power. Did some digging last night and the Tiger 1050 is basically a Triumph Daytona with upright ergos. 120ish hp when they were new.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Looks good. If I was gonna make a change I'd want to move to something with a good bit more power.
The Tiger Sport 850 or 900 would be a great option. If you didn’t need the extra fluff of the 900. The 850 is where I would steer someone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts