Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living only 90 miles away from this supplier of accessories for sport touring riders, I decided to make it my destination. I was of course, not expecting crowds, and I was not disappointed, only one other customer there. Lots of cool accessories, not a large place, only took 15 minutes to see what I came for. I purchased a tire repair kit, and was on my way.

I was told by Lorraine to take the scenic route back out to the highway, which took me across Beaver Lake Dam and thru the quaint little lake town of Beaver, Ark. This one lane wood bridge was interesting.

Lunch was here, Shell Knob, MO. Brisket was very good, old Plymouth outside looked original, apparently the daily driver for a patron.

The store is off the beaten path, 4 miles west of Eureka Springs, AR. Worth
checking out when you visit northern Arkansas.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice ride report. Short and concise.:thumb:

How's the weather out there? I was at Ft. Lostinthewoods(Leonard Wood) for AIT 2 years ago. Left for home the end of October, so it was still in the 50's during the day. Not too bad. I liked the area. We had a 6 mile ruck that took us out on some fire roads on post. Nice scenery, reminded me alot of Md.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:D The bug swiper is hilarious, but I want the GPS shield. Can't see mine in sunshine.
"Tired of squinting & holding your hand over your GPS to see the screen in bright sunlight? The GlareStomper® sun shade is a great solution! Its deep design with full sides gives maximum sun blocking, and the simple attachment using a thin strip of self-adhesive Velcro® fastener with specially-formulated heat-resistant adhesive makes this a terrific solution. When the GPS is not in use, the GlareStomper shade folds down to protect the screen, making it a two-in-one product."

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Just ordered the gps shield. i also like the motorcycle storage unit if i didn't have the use of a garage.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Weljo, how does that squigee work in the rain?

Don't know I didn't buy it. Thought it was amusing though. I did buy the gps shield. I have no problems in the rain i apply Rain-X to the helmet and shield pretty often.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well, sadly I guess I was one of their last customers!

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/

Closing as of 1/15/2011. You know, my impression when I visited was a little disappointed in the presentation and out of stock position they seemed to be in. That and just few days later I called in to order that GPS cover, and they were out of that. They seemed a little reluctant to order it for me, now I see why. Too bad, they had a good following and loyal base of BMW riders across the country. Watch for closeout deals, as they still had some inventory to move. Good luck to ebay auction bidders!

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Well, sadly I guess I was one of their last customers!

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/

Closing as of 1/15/2011. You know, my impression when I visited was a little disappointed in the presentation and out of stock position they seemed to be in. That and just few days later I called in to order that GPS cover, and they were out of that. They seemed a little reluctant to order it for me, now I see why. Too bad, they had a good following and loyal base of BMW riders across the country. Watch for closeout deals, as they still had some inventory to move. Good luck to ebay auction bidders!
Thats Sad i was planning on ordering a few more items from them. Ordered the gps shield on the 6th mailed out the same day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts