Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm hoping to ride down Baja in the spring, now thinking about trip preps, specifically motorcycle insurance. does anyone have a company they'd recommend? last time i went with Sanborn and i see they are still operating. but that was a long time ago, figured i'd ask as to whether there might be a better option out there.

another question... i'd like to cross the border someplace not too busy. i'm looking at Douglas and Nogales, but i'm open to suggestions.

:thanx:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Headed there myself in a few months.. Advrider.com is a good source for info but you will need to dig, not much out there with a wealth of information in one place that I could find.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You're right snownut.

What I meant to say was to start a thread there and see what info can be found from recent travelers. There is also a moto travel site called horizons unlimited or something like that. It too has plenty that have recent experience.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Sounds like a blast! Be safe down there! :thumb: :goodluck:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've used Mexadventure.com many times. It's nice to buy it ahead of time and not have to waste time while you're on vacation.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The emergency medical transport provision of some Mexican insurance policies include emergency medical transport within Mexico only and not to another country. Don't confuse that with the US Medjet policy. If you do not have major med insurance with international emergency care provision, then you may want to supplement your Mexican vehicle insurance with the US Medjet policy that will fly you back. Chris at Mexadventure can explain the details if you have questions.
Don't know if that is an issue for you, but a lot of people assume that some of the Mexican insurance policies include medical transport out of the country. You need to read the fine print.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts