Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, whats the secret to get the cotton picking trip meters to reset? I know its nitpicking. I'm behind the times due to me working out of town the last 3 years and not riding. But I'm going to ride this year. Do I need to get a bicycle computer? I noticed it seemed to take longer to re-set while holding down the reset button. Now it does not reset at all. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am having the same problem (trip meter will not reset)

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Here E-nigma (post #1) suggested cutting a piece of heat sleeve (I used a straw) and sliding it around the center portion of the switch to reduce the annoying rattle at certain RPM'S. I did just that and sprayed some contact cleaner on the contacts while I was in there (preventative maintenance). Never had an issue.

I suggest doing both while you have the speedo assembly out! :goodidea:

Photos below were originally posted by E-nigma. See link above to see the original thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A squirt of CRC electronic cleaner fixed mine.

....carefully pry off the rubber boot first

·
Registered
74 Posts
i had my speedometer unit replaced under warranty for this problem. now the replacement is doing the same thing.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had my speedometer unit replaced under warranty for this problem. now the replacement is doing the same thing.
I was considering taking mine to the stealer for replacement under my GTPP warranty but I don't think I can let them molest the bike that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts