Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience or input on the Givi Treker 33 bags? Here is a pic I found with them on a Triumph Tiger 800.

Are they are as sturdy as a welded aluminum box? Is the clam shell opening wide enough for easy assess. I kind of like the clam shell opening idea. I've had Jessie Bags with large lids that were in the way when you wanted in and out quickly. I've only seen them in pics and am a bit afraid to get plastic boxes with an aluminum 'finish' that might look cheap.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have them on my Versys 1000 and really like them. They are very sturdy and well made and look nice I think. I only like bags with top access that was one of the main reasons I went with them and with the rectangle shape they hold a fair bit of stuff.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I guess mine is more of a multistrada poser bike.
I was at the Vanilla Bean in Connecticut and a guy with a gen 1 MultiStrada was looking at my '08. It's set up a lot like yours and in Passion Red it looks rather Italian. It's also rebadged MOTO BONES so a lot of people don't know what it is. I talked with the guy, told him what it was, and I described my Versys as a "poor man's MultiStrada." He said, "No, it's a smart man's MultiStrada" and proceeded to tell me all of his maintenance and reliability woes.

OK, we now return you to your original thread on Trekker 33's. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have them and I like them. One reviewer said that the hinge pins worked out of his and the bottom fell open, I haven't noticed them working out, but a dab of JB weld over the holes will fix that anyway. I dropped mine at low speed in gravel and it scratched the finish a bit but other than that, no damage.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just put some on my bike too. I like the way they open, the way they look, they are very sturdy and are on and off the bike as quick as a turn of the key. I have the grey moon dust versys and they look almost stock to the colour of the bike. Nice luggage.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I just put some on my bike too. I like the way they open, the way they look, they are very sturdy and are on and off the bike as quick as a turn of the key. I have the grey moon dust versys and they look almost stock to the colour of the bike. Nice luggage.

I've got the same colour bike. How about posting a pic with the cases on?

·
Registered
191 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
612 Posts
Here you go!! I was supposed to get a 46 litre trekker for the trunk, but they sent me another 33 litre one. So thats why I have the mounting plate on the back and no trunk. Now its a waiting game....:thumbdown:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23137&stc=1&d=1370653656
Hi RN Barb, if you could be so kinf to post a pic when you get the 46 on the back that would be great. I have the 33's and can't decide on the 46 or the 52 for the top box on road trips....
thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
46, the 52 would be HUGE! on the versys!
+1 to that one. The 46 is same dimensions as the 33's except 3.2 inches in depth. The 52, however is not much bigger in depth, but in length and width add another 2 - 3 inches. It does fit 2 full face helmets while the 46 will only fit one. I guess if you are riding 2 up and want to secure 2 helmets at stops, the 52 may be your option, albeit a BIG one.... I will never ride 2 up so the 46 was a better choice for me.

·
Super Moderator
19,023 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I absolutely LOVE these bags.

Got caught in a thunder storm this weekend and panicked when one of them tool on water. BUT realized i had not closed all the latches fully. The case that was properly closed was dry.

Pic

For a perspective on the top opening size. (33 ltr)

And one more pic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the 33s and a top 46 keyed the same. Used them on a klr 650 and will be installing on a 2011 versus 650 as soon as the motech racks arrive. I have had very good experience with these cases in heavy rain and dusty conditions off road with the klr. Although the finish will scratch when abused (yes i've abused these...), they are very durable. Fast and easy to remove. Love the ability to use one of the 33s as a top case when needed. The dual hinges are quick to change. Only disadvantages... the top load access is smaller than other top load cases and they are a little heavy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi V-coaster! I got my 46 Lreplacement quicker than I thought. I think the 46 will be more than adequate room to meet my needs. Hope this helps with your decision making!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts