Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trax top case added (edit: now with side cases!)

I just added a Trax 38L Topcase to my Versys.

The Topcase is everything I expected, and more. It looks tiny when you're outside, but huge when you're indoors. Mine came with an internal waterproof liner which looks like you can submerge it with no problems, and also with an external carrying bag that seems to be made of similar material to the Froggtogg suits. The fit and finish seems flawless, and the locks were really easy to install.

Things I find annoying:

It looks weird without the side cases, I'll rectify that asap
The Keys to the locks are really rather annoying, I'm going to see if I can have a normal keys made for the locks.

These exterior of the case was kind of greasy upon receipt, a little elbow grease will clean it up.

I don't feel like the carrying bag would hold up to much abuse or weight, but it was free.

http://www.adventuremotorcycleparts.com Got me my package eventually but they were sloooooow on shipping, the minor savings over twistedthrottle might not be worth the wait for some people. It took them a week longer than twistedthrottle usually takes to ship my package. Also when you call their customer service in Miami their phones are fuzzy and the lady who you talk to has kind of a strong accent, which makes communication difficult. Otherwise my package came here without any problem. I recommend them over twisted throttle for savings, but twisted throttle over them for speed and concise communication.

Edit: I just added the Trax sides cases too. Great on the road, now I have more room for rain gear, I can keep my helmet in my top box, and I can tuck my pants, jacket and gloves into the side cases when commuting. When on longer distance trips, I have room for camping gear, clothes, foods, and ect.

This set I bought from twisted throttle. More pricey, but they got there quicker. However, I have some VPS handguards on order with them. They wont have any till March, and they don't list that they are backordered on their website, and they didn't bother to call me, which really pisses me off.

It always goes one way or the other with them. Really quick or really slow.

I have an Ixil dual exhaust on order, and they called me immediately to tell me that it was backordered, and asked if I wanted to cancel or wait till Feburary.

·
Registered
901 Posts
My guess is they got the box from twisted throttle. I believe they are the us distributer for sw motech.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Take a small grinder (or dremel, etc.) and remove the plastic from the key(s); then drill a small hole in the "shank" for your keyring. Worked on my Givi keys.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the grey version of that box and really like it. However this is aluminum and easy to kink. I have a small "v" shaped button on top of my helmet (to close a vent trap) that did some minor damages from the inside of the case because is was closing a little tight. Unfortunately some kinks are apparent from the outside.

I would buy again anyway, but just pay more attention to what I put in it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the SW Motech key. The replacement key for the case locks are "Ilco IN8" key blanks. I still need to replace the keys for the new locks for the sideracks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, I really need to clean up that tail. The rear fender now reminds me of something....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might need a pad, I've been thinking about adapting one from a sissy bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts