Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So from what i have seen on twistedthrottle, the trax luggage side cases come in two sizes? 35 and 45 liters? Correct me if im wrong.

Can anyone post up photos of the inside of the side cases? Could you fit a helmet in one or the other? I guess im just trying to decide how much difference there is between the two.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
The Trax 37 liter side cases:

Note the taper edges in the bottom, the interior dimensions are not constant:

Basic interior dimensions (both the opening and wall to wall):

You [probably] cant fit a full face helmet in the 37l sidecase, but my Shoei RF1000 easily fits in the 38 liter topcase-this is where I usually keep it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the 37s and I've seen the 45s on a Versys. I have the narrower EVO side racks on my bike, and the 37s are still pretty wide. The 45s are not only wider, but I don't feel they compliment the style of the bike. Also, the 37s are pretty annoying to carry around if you ever remove them for whatever reason, I wouldn't want to tote around the larger 45s.

That's just my opinion, as an owner, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More lame questions............Do they have any sort of carrying handle or strap if you take them off of the bike to go into a hotel or something?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine are 37s, will not fit a full helmet. Mine have locks that keep the honest guys honest, but a guy could get them off without too much work. Mine came with the dry bags that come out easy. Best thing is how quick the releases are to remove the cases.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts