Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All I'm thinking of getting the SW Motech-TraX 37-liter EVO ALU-BOX for my 2012 Versys. Does anyone have these and can comment on good or bad points? Do I have to get the SW mounting rails or do I have a choice? Anything I'm forgetting?

PS I had the regular Givi 35's on my 2008 Versys and was not really happy with the look, price or quality.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am also interested in someone's feedback on this question... I have soft bags now, but would be willing to upgrade if I find the right "fit." :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Those look great! :loveeyes: Awesome write-up as well. Now if I only had a spare grand laying around here somewhere... :eek:

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have had no issues with mine either...fit is perfect. Look good and super easy to remove.
Rigged for camping :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I'm so torn whether to spend over $1000 or try the new Givi easy bags (T493) for $150. On my old Versys I used the Givi hard bags rarely. If the T493's didn't work out (I've never had soft luggage before) it's not a huge loss.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
901 Posts
They fixed this.....

·
Registered
148 Posts
I didn't know that they had fixed the leaking issue, do they still send them with waterproof saddle bag liners? Ride Safe.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I didn't know that they had fixed the leaking issue, do they still send them with waterproof saddle bag liners? Ride Safe.
Yea they fixed them they no longer drain the water that leaks in from the top:teetertooter: Now you have to drill drain holes in the bottom:topsecret:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Love mine. Very durable, reasonably secure, and they look great. Mine were shipped with liners but I rarely use them. Rode in numerous rain showers for three days last spring with no leakage whatsoever.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yea they fixed them they no longer drain the water that leaks in from the top:teetertooter: Now you have to drill drain holes in the bottom:topsecret:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anyone have experience buying this trax system used? I don't have the funds for a new set-up, especially not having any racks of any sort. What would be an appropriate price?

·
Registered
559 Posts

They are fine really even with passenger. Only downside is the freakin' key locks, they suck. The rest is very high quality and nice finish. The boxes are now waterproof and if that wasnt enough they come with a waterproof bag inside, so basically I'm confident enough to carry around a 5000$ camera kit in there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts