Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Vx300 Embrace the Revs!
247 Posts
That’s giving up a couple hundred pounds lol? Did you forget anything? Sorry just laughing, not pointing.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Now thats a testament not only for the durability of the little Versys, but yours too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Now thats a testament not only for the durability of the little Versys, but yours too.
That’s giving up a couple hundred pounds lol? Did you forget anything? Sorry just laughing, not pointing.
I did not have the bike carrying most gear. Carried camping gear and had to be ready for temps from 90s in south to below freezing in Canada. At 69 I carry more creature comforts than when I was younger such as Alps Mountaineering cot, REI Flexlite chair, a Noah’s tarp that gave us protection from rain we had nearly every day, Gerbing heated gear, spare tubes and tools to change one on road Etc. I was close to max gros Weight limit of 300x.

Bike was great for the trip. I did push start through Newfoundland until I could get replacement starter back in Nova Scotia. It is an easy bike to push start too. Found 1st gear easiest for push start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Impressive load out! I feel a bit embarrassed now, because I want to bring a couple of chainsaws ( with the bars removed) up to a friend's cabin but am too timid I guess to strap such a load onto the Versys. But you have inspired me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts