1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sure looks like a LOT of tongue weight. Just make sure your rig is rated for that much; otherwise, things could get expensive quick!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean. The carrier is rated for 500 lbs with a class 3 hitch, but it seems tenuous to have your bike hanging out in space at 75 mph and supported by only a single point of contact! Then again, I've towed my airstream long distances and its tongue weight is more than that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've seen a lot of guys with these for dirtbikes and have heard good things about them, but like hack' is saying - I don't know if I'd load a roadbike on one.

·
Registered
451 Posts
it must be a huge pain to get it up on that thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've used one for dirtbikes with a small SUV. I actually had a bike falloff once, although I don't remember the specific circumstances. In general, the ramp to load your bike is kinda short, so it can be hard to load the bike. Also, the tie-down points aren't offset very much, which reduces the stability substantially. The drawbacks are: Tie-down stability, difficulty in loading and tongue weight. The plus is: not needing a trailer and ease of storage. Personally, I'd use a trailer if at all possible.

Regards,
Wardo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts