Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe an old thread somewhere but worth a revisit. Do you think this rider is that much better or does the versys allow the deep corner dives he makes before braking where he reels in all the 100+hp bikes that blew past him on the straights?

·
Registered
873 Posts
There are couple of these Caldwell videos from the same guy. In one of them he points out that the scraping noise you hear is the foot peg.. Makes you wonder what the Versys could do if it had the straight line speed of the other bikes..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He sure dives in deeper than anyone else but also may be pushing harder. He sure looks more aggressive than the others overall. And I saw a photo of the pegs-1/2 left on the track, they were.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Makes you wonder what the Versys could do if it had the straight line speed of the other bikes..
depends on where you get your speed. if you get it in the garage, then it'll cost you megabux in the cases, then you'll throw money at the brakes and suspension to maintain control at the elevated pace. which means your versys may have more money in it that those liter bikes. if you get it from the factory, then more power comes with more chassis and cycle parts, which all weighs more. this may result in different choices at the corner entry and some punk on a 250 squirting up inside of you. no pun intended.

anyway, screw that. due credit goes to the pilot or the machine, not both. :D ditto for blame! :devil:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mid-Corner Speed...

On a Kart Track with tight corners...and straightaways that are under 100 mph...with sticky tires :topsecret: my Versys really impressed me with the amount of corner speed I could maintain at full lean...there is a very capable track bike hidden inside our Versys...:teetertooter: and the smooth torque allows early application of power on the exits of corners...I got a 2nd place in a supermoto beginner class against 450 smr's...It really is a brilliant motorcycle :loveeyes:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts