Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saterday, on a wet track at MSR Houston (with Fastline Motorcycle school www.fastlinemcs.com )

Running Pilot Power 2ct at 29 psi (cold pressure).

I start off slow because the track is wet

part1
No Video

end of part 1
No Video

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just curious, what was your top speed? I've always wanted to do this sort of thing as on the twisties up in the mountains I ride semi-conservative........in fear of plunging 3500 feet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious, what was your top speed? I've always wanted to do this sort of thing as on the twisties up in the mountains I ride semi-conservative........in fear of plunging 3500 feet.
I typically hit 80 - 100 m/h on the straights. I'm not really looking at my speedo. It's tempting, but you got to look where you want to go. The Versys could go faster, I just can't carry that much speed through the turns...at least not yet.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Cool, I'm doing a trackday in Oct at Barber Motorsports Park, can't wait!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I typically hit 80 - 100 m/h on the straights. I'm not really looking at my speedo. It's tempting, but you got to look where you want to go. The Versys could go faster, I just can't carry that much speed through the turns...at least not yet.
You are an "upright" rider. For fast corners, you'll need to hang-off for better CG balance and tuck it in. I see alot of fast corners on the track - very fun.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are an "upright" rider. For fast corners, you'll need to hang-off for better CG balance and tuck it in. I see alot of fast corners on the track - very fun.
Your right.

I am still working on body positioning.

I FEEL like I am hanging way off, then I get the photos...

I have only recently moved out of novice into intermediate...

this is the corner the photos were taken

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=MSR+Houston,+Angleton,+TX&hl=en&ll=29.279606,-95.424691&spn=0.001004,0.001911&sll=29.817178,-95.401291&sspn=1.022293,1.95694&oq=msr+h&t=h&z=20&iwloc=A

all the photos form that day are here if interested

http://www.coryblair.com/FASTLINE/2013/MSRHSeptember7/31755754_kG4DsK#!i=2753744095&k=znDBXPR

·
Registered
191 Posts
You can try to emulate the guy in the photo.
The rider behind him is not bad too, among a handful of others.

Notice that when you hang, you don't need to lean the bike over too much, so your chicken strips might be thick but you still clear the corners fast. The body is the one bringing the CG down (notice his center line off the bike's).

Have fun - great pics but you need to pay for them ?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can try to emulate the guy in the photo.
The rider behind him is not bad too, among a handful of others.

Notice that when you hang, you don't need to lean the bike over too much, so your chicken strips might be thick but you still clear the corners fast. The body is the one bringing the CG down (notice his center line off the bike's).

Have fun - great pics but you need to pay for them ?
That guy rides in advanced and was taking the cmra race school. Not sure who is in the yellow shirt Instructor or student.

Normally the photos do cost money for the origional hi resolution files. That day we had rain and most everyone went home at lunch. Those who stayed got three hours of open track. It turned into an endurance contest.

The photographer ended up giving away all the pics for that day. Staff get free pics anyway...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts