Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was from Saturday 8/27 at Barber. It was the first session of the day.

I was at the front of the group going onto the front straight and my buddy was on the bike that almost got hit by his bike.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grabbing instead of squeezing! He was probably doing around 100 when he realized that he was going faster than he thought.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wow!!

That bike got some serious air, your buddy was very, very lucky.

I hate it for the rider, it looked scary for sure.

Dan

·
Registered
901 Posts
WOW..that's amazing. Hope the rider was ok...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I keep trying to tell people you don't need, Brembo this and Berringer that. The standard Versys will get you over the front if you squeeze hard enough.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what I understand the rider only injured his wrist and was walking around after the crash. It happened during the first session of the day.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He was actually pretty safe considering how fast the crashing rider was going at that point. The guy behind me was the one that was in danger of being collected. He is the one that sent me the video and he didn't even realize that was him that was almost hit by the bike. When I told him, he said that he had thought that he had heard scrapping metal, but just figured that someone had something scraping. I will post my video of that section of the lap. It is funny how different that lap was for us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts