Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get my racks set up for the case's that i will be ordeing. I i'm going with the SW-MOTEC for the side racks because i had them on my KLR and was very happy with them... Now i'm not sure what top rack setup i should get .... the Givi or the SW-MOTEC .... which one is the better rack???
:feedback:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Can't say which is better, as I only have experience with the SWMotech. I can say that price, installation and function of the SWMotech is great. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you get the Givi toprack, take the time to glue the rubber bushings, (which the case rests on), into their holes. I lost two of mine, and have substituted rubber bushings since. BTW: My one complaint with the SW Motech side racks is that I can't get the key into the seat release without removing the left side case.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would go with the SW-Motech toprack. I have one on my Versys, and it is an exceptionally strong and well made piece of kit. I had the Givi on my BMW K1200, and it was not nearly so confidence inspiring (side arms levered around a bolt). The Givi Versys setup looks similar to their BMW setup. -- Hank.

·
Registered
179 Posts
BTW: My one complaint with the SW Motech side racks is that I can't get the key into the seat release without removing the left side case.
????

I have the Motech Quick-release side racks and I can get my key into the seat release just fine.....

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I have the SW Motech. I've had them on two other bikes. The Givi is sturdy but is job specific and looks ugly when no box is mounted. The SW looks fine on it's own plus you can easily modify it for your own purpose. I drilled and tapped mine to mount a plate to support a soft bag when my Givi E-52 was not needed. Plus, the SW grab rails are way stiffer than those flexi stock ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts