Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
895 Posts
I see Murphys isn't on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Retailers

Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.

In addition, all gasoline outlets carrying the brand of the approved retailer must meet the TOP TIER standards.

Additional gasoline retailers are added to the TOP TIER list as they meet the standards. The retailers known to be on the TOP TIER list are shown below.

TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:

USA Canada
76 Stations Chevron Canada
Aloha Petroleum Esso
BP Petro-Canada
Chevron Shell Canada
Conoco
CountryMark
Entec Stations
Exxon
Hawaii Fueling Network (HFN)
Holiday Stationstores, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
MFA Oil Co.
Mileage Stations
Mobil
Ohana Fuels
Phillips 66
Quik Trip
Road Ranger
Scheirl Oil
Shell
Texaco
Tri-Par Oil Co.
U.S. Oil

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I looked at the list above and wondered why Chevron (US) and 76 Stations (US) weren't on the list. I see that copy/paste function merged them together. Here's an unmerged list:
USA
76 Stations
Aloha Petroleum
BP
Chevron
Conoco
CountryMark
Entec Stations
Exxon
Hawaii Fueling Network (HFN)
Holiday Stationstores, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
MFA Oil Co.
Mileage Stations
Mobil
Ohana Fuels
Phillips 66
Quik Trip
Road Ranger
Scheirl Oil
Shell
Texaco
Tri-Par Oil Co.
U.S. Oil

Canada
Chevron Canada
Esso
Petro-Canada
Shell Canada

Interesting website, thanks. Oddly, there's no contact information or office listing, etc. I guess if you're a big oil company, you know who to talk to.

There's more info on this here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Tier_Detergent_Gasoline

·
Registered
198 Posts
How much detergent is to much? How much is needed to keep and engine clean?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I've been running Shell from the day I brought my Buell home in 2007. They are the closest station to me as have OK pricing. Plus I have a card from them and get bonus bucks from Kroger at the Shell station.

Good to know it might help keep the bikes & car running better longer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't use top-tier (unless travelling), rather I am quite lucky that a local gas station chain has ethanol-free gas. I use that all the time - figure no ethanol is better than ethanol gas from a top-tier station.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I use 93 octane from Sunoco. They don't seem to be on the list as a top tier but it works for me. Does anyone else use the 93 Octane gas?

·
Registered
365 Posts
There's absolutely ZERO need for 93 octane in the Versys. You're only wasting money ;/
Some engines are designed with the need for higher octane.....usually high end vehicles, etc, but the V is not one of them. Higher octane does not equal cleaner gas.
Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
19,775 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
Theres a Mobil & Chevron a block away from us and a 76 station down the road. Usually use one of those but since my ride out to see my brother out in Calimexia i put Shell in the Versys and it ran like a totally different bike. So gas up at that station on the way home bike ran better and milage was better. So i put Shell in the Infiniti last week and the car runs much better. The Shell stations are not as close to get to but i'm sticking with Shell for now on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts