Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
212 Km/h (131.73 mph) indicated (~196 km/h or ~122 mph actual) at 9600 rpm in 6th with stock gearing, with windscreen at highest position, in a slight down slope, no wind (limp flags), at 1:52 in the video:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
made a few changes to the bike recently'm adapting myself with Nitrox for now because I used the 50% to 100% of the power it provides. Overall it gives 15% power on the bike, so the Versys with sesus 64CV would for the same thing .. ER6n I was just so scared violence ... the front of the versys easy climbs in first and second gear .. but for now arrived very very fast 196km / h .. When you dare I will do final testing but without filming .. This process has generated here in BRAZIL.

·
Registered
238 Posts
The fastest I've gone is 120 mph with a top bag loaded. I'm not sure I can go much faster - I think my weight (200 lbs) drops my top end 8-10 mph.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This doesn't seem like the kind of bike to worry about top speed on. I'm pretty sure my other bike will go faster in 2nd gear than my versys will do in 6th.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've seen a video of a Ninja 1000 doing 157 mph. The difference between 157 and around 120 doesn't seem like all that much, but I guess at those speeds 5 mph is quite a bit; sort of like decibel levels, the higher you go, the less you have to travel to notice a difference...holler if anybody understands that :)

The fastest I've been on my V was 104 mph (indicated), at least while I was looking at the speedo.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Think I've taken my V up to 100ish. But it has a huge windscreen and top box on all the time.

My cbr600rr... 157 indicated with saddle bags and a camelbak on. Had my CBR1000RR set up as a naked street fighter, got it up to 164, while holding on for dear life!

·
Super Moderator
19,119 Posts
I "changed-over" from a Suzuki Bandit 1200S PRECISELY because I did NOT want to have a high-top-speed temptation facing me every time I went for a ride.

When I bought it I'd promised to bring it back for its first check (a distance of about 150 miles each way) because of the great deal I'd got. With no radar detector I would use a speeding car as a "block", and sit back a bit, matching his speed, and watching for cops. I had just 'lost' my block so was at probably 80 mph (in a 70 zone), when I saw a 'blurred' image of a white car in my mirrors, coming up FAST in my 6. I geared down thinking COPS, slowing without using brakes, then a white Cadillac went shooting by. It took me a minute to realize that the Caddy was probably my BEST 'block', so I hammered the throttles and matched his speed, about a quarter mile behind, at 180 km/hr - around 112 mph!

He maintained that speed for about 45 miles till he was forced to slow in traffic at the outskirts of Edmonton, where I got close enough to see the TILDEN rent-a-car sticker on its trunk.

I have to say that that run was the HIGHEST-speed-over-a-distance that I have ever been privileged to be a party to!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I "changed-over" from a Suzuki Bandit 1200S PRECISELY because I did NOT want to have a high-top-speed temptation facing me every time I went for a ride.

When I bought it I'd promised to bring it back for its first check (a distance of about 150 miles each way) because of the great deal I'd got. With no radar detector I would use a speeding car as a "block", and sit back a bit, matching his speed, and watching for cops. I had just 'lost' my block so was at probably 80 mph (in a 70 zone), when I saw a 'blurred' image of a white car in my mirrors, coming up FAST in my 6. I geared down thinking COPS, slowing without using brakes, then a white Cadillac went shooting by. It took me a minute to realize that the Caddy was probably my BEST 'block', so I hammered the throttles and matched his speed, about a quarter mile behind, at 180 km/hr - around 112 mph!

He maintained that speed for about 45 miles till he was forced to slow in traffic at the outskirts of Edmonton, where I got close enough to see the TILDEN rent-a-car sticker on its trunk.

I have to say that that run was the HIGHEST-speed-over-a-distance that I have ever been privileged to be a party to!!!

Nice! I also used to own a Bandit 1200S and loved its highway capabilities. So fast and easy.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 33 Posts