Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can never hope to match the original...just a lame attempt to copy it!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
We can never hope to match the original...just a lame attempt to copy it!
Well....they are catering to an american audience after-all.:stickpoke:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Agree the show sucks. Disagree Americans suck... I don't believe they are making a show American audiences like or want, but what some "producers" THINK American audiences want....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Like everything else in life, copies rarely equal the original. I tried to watch the American version but kept metering it against the BBC show. Not very fair but I quit after about 5 minutes. Might give it another try next season.

If anyone remembers the first year of the BBC TopGear it was pretty bad as well.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I will admit it isn't as good as the uk version, but it still is somewhat entertaining. I don't watch it expecting the same personalities as Jeremy, James, and hammond. From what I understand people thought they weren't that good in the begining either. I thought there last show where they went to alaska was pretty good actually. Just my .02

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I love the British show and the hosts. Always been a fan of dry, understated British humour anyway. The American version is still entertaining, just not up to the same standards of as the original.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Agree the show sucks. Disagree Americans suck... I don't believe they are making a show American audiences like or want, but what some "producers" THINK American audiences want....
"I" ...can't help but feel the whole show concept has been sorta dumbed down for the american audience (NO, I don't think americans are dumb in this case and dam the producers for thinking so).

Perhaps second season will clean-up there act a bit...cuz I could never (at this point) stomach watching an entire hour show.

The hosts are trying to be 'hip' and only come across as...not very bright.
If I want juvenile I'll watch 'American Chopper'.
(Photography is pretty poor too...though there where a few times when it seemed a bit more artful).
Time will tell...I haved thrown the baby out with the bath water yet.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I can't imagine the Yank version ever coming up with an episode as funny as Jeremy and the Reliant Robin. I laughed my a** off over that bit. Not to mention the lorry driver challenge, the home-made caravans, and the car-boats. Only our Brit friends could pull off bits like that, IMHO. :D

How hard can it be?? Bring out the hammers!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I don't know who is producing the programme in the US, but the UK version spends a heck of a lot on production. the number of cameramen, the pre and post production work and so on. It comes across as 3 friends doing silly things and chatting amiably amongst themselves and seemingly occasionally including the studio audience let alone the viewers. its very very carefully scripted and very carefully produced.

if the US version is being done on the cheap it will miss that gloss and glitz which masks the real driving force behind the programme. for excatly the same reasons that most UK produced shows always look tepid and half baked when compared to some US shows, Top Gear does it in reverse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts