Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To fill my second post requirement, I'll mix it up a bit.

I have a question I'd like to throw out there.

I have recently lost the key to my Kawasaki Top Case, off an 08 V. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience getting replacement keys. If I could I'd like to get a new cylinder for the lock and have it match my ignition key if thats possible.

Looking forward to everyones responses. Thanks.:feedback:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Technically, if it's a lock (and it is), any keymaker worth his bread should be able to make a key for it. However, to make a whole new lock for a top case (metal or plastic, btw?) is arguably a bit more tricky. What's wrong with having another key on your keychain?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No issue with having another key on the keychain, but with dealer key prices I figured I'd look into both options. I'll give them a call when they open today see what they say.

I figured it would be a little pricey to have a locksmith make a key, since I dont have one for them to just copy.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
No issue with having another key on the keychain, but with dealer key prices I figured I'd look into both options. I'll give them a call when they open today see what they say.

I figured it would be a little pricey to have a locksmith make a key, since I dont have one for them to just copy.
The locksmith should be able to cut the key off the lock serial number

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
go visit a locksmith
they can unlock it take the # off the lock and cut a new key for you, have done it about 9 times so far myself usually about $5-10

1 - 7 of 7 Posts