Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a top rack and top case and have a couple of questions for anyone who has been down this road.

1) The only rack i've seen is the SW Motec. Is this the best rack or are there others that I should consider?

2) I would like to get the same top case as comes with the European Versys or something similar. Is this the Givi E30 or E300 - not sure what the difference is?

3) Apparently their is a custom base plate for the SW Motec rack that replaces the all purpose base plate that comes with a Givi box. This costs $30, is it worth it for a cleaner look with the case off the bike?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
The main two commercial racks other than OEM is Givi and SW Motech. I chose the SW Motech for personal reasons. Just a little piece of info on the case itself, Givi started a line of cases called the NT which uses clear lenses instead of all the red. Here is my setup.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Givi and SW Motec racks basiclly do the same job by setting a tray at the rear of your seat. The main difference is the Givi is slung along the subframe and the SW replaces the grab handles along the upper outer sides of the passenger seat. IMHO, that feature makes the SW rack more seamless and therefore nicer looking on the Versys.

Givi does have an advantage too though, in that the mounting plate for your top case, the "shelf" so to speak, is the one piece on the rack. Whereas on the SW rack, you have to mount an additional plate on top of the rack's universal "shelf" to dock your top case onto. So you may find the Givi is a cleaner look with the top case off. For me, again IMHO, the Givi "shelf" looks like a toilet seat when the top case is not installed.

I have the SW Motec with a Givi E26 monolock box installed. With the top case off there is just a low flat plate exposed on the rack with one protruding tab, I think it looks fine.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Givi Rack, W/tail bag,w/v-46 topcase,w/e-55 topcase and video of e-55 with admore light kit and admore light bar.

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input. Ended up with a Givi rack and E34 top case i bought from an ebay retailer at 20% off MSRP. Looking forward to having some lockable storage space on the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts