Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a tool tube to my rack system the other day and had a custom liner made for it. Works fantastic!
Also included a picture of a 4" tool tube liner I have had for years for my KLR and it also works great, just a little dirty:)

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Are those SW-M racks? I'd like to see how you've mounted the tubes to the racks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, SW Motech racks. I used a piece of electrical panel DIN rail and drilled some slots in the side to thread some hose clamps through. I'll see if u can find some pics of what I did. Sorry I'm not good at write ups.

·
Premium Member
9,198 Posts
Mortar round cases

I can fit two 1 liter fuel bottles inside each.Needs some modification inside, as it is reinforced near the bottom to protect the round.Already dry fitted on the bike, more to follow.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I can fit two 1 liter fuel bottles inside each.Needs some modification inside, as it is reinforced near the bottom to protect the round.Already dry fitted on the bike, more to follow.
I had to read this a few times and read the small print in the photo to understand - by protection for the "round" he doesn't mean the shape of the tube, but the fact this is a re-purposed canister that once stored explosive mortar shell rounds. Edit: I guess I could've read the title line in the specific post, but who reads those? :nerd:

·
Super Moderator
19,441 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some more pics of how I mounted the tube. I gotta touch up my hose clamps with some more truck bed liner. I used the same holes in the SW Motech racks to mouth the tube that I did for mounting the panniers.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
Never heard the term "Jubilee clips" before. B-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts