Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2013 Pearl White Versys. Rode it home 40 miles, in the rain, on fresh, non scuffed tires. So, I can easily say, that we've already had our first adventure together lol. Coming from a 2013 Ninja 300 SE, I have to say, The riding position is perfect, the mirrors are actually useful, and the seat is amazingly comfortable. Hopefully the weather will co-operate tomorrow so that I can get some seat time/miles in.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Sweet! Congratulations. I put mine in Winter storage today, so I especially envy you now. Enjoy!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet! Congratulations. I put mine in Winter storage today, so I especially envy you now. Enjoy!
What's this "winter storage" you speak of? :stickpoke::D

I think I'm really going to enjoy this bike. I put 7500 miles on my ninja in 6 months, so I really needed something that will allow me to ride longer distances more comfortably, while still affording me the ability to canyon carve a bit.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just picked up my 2013 Pearl White Versys. Rode it home 40 miles, in the rain, on fresh, non scuffed tires. So, I can easily say, that we've already had our first adventure together lol. Coming from a 2013 Ninja 300 SE, I have to say, The riding position is perfect, the mirrors are actually useful, and the seat is amazingly comfortable. Hopefully the weather will co-operate tomorrow so that I can get some seat time/miles in.
Congrats! btw, your bike's identical twin brother is with me here in NJ. LOL :)
... with some mods: givi windshield & mra xcreen lip, sw motech crashguards, barkbuster handguards, motorwerk riser, rear spools, fork sliders, sw motech topcase rack all for bike's protection.

ride safely!

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I too got the pearl stardust. Congrats! And I too, traded a Ninja in for it. It's an awesome ride. Coming from a ZX6R I was shocked at it's performance aspect. Streetwise, it's every bit as fun, with added confidence due to it's forgiving suspension. Plus the stock gearing makes it a blast to ride, leaving you feeling it has more power than it actually does.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats. Did you trade in the Ninja 300 SE. Love the looks of that SE.
I did. I loved the little ninjette for it's fuel economy and it's nimbleness in the twisty stuff, but it definitely wasn't the bike for me. I rarely throw a leg over that I don't ride at least 150 miles in a day, and the riding position and the plank of a seat just didn't cut it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I too got the pearl stardust. Congrats! And I too, traded a Ninja in for it. It's an awesome ride. Coming from a ZX6R I was shocked at it's performance aspect. Streetwise, it's every bit as fun, with added confidence due to it's forgiving suspension. Plus the stock gearing makes it a blast to ride, leaving you feeling it has more power than it actually does.
Yes yes! I am hoping like crazy that the weather here in East Tennessee allows me to get some serious seat time tomorrow.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have never thought a Versys was more of a blast to ride than a ninja......But it is!
The first sharp turn was a bit weird because of sitting up so much taller than the ninja, but what little bit of riding I got to do today was worlds apart from the little ninja. With the type of riding and distances that I like to put in, I'm positive I have found the perfect bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts