Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my V for about 2 weeks now, and the only real complaint I have is the vibration I feel through the footpegs. I don't really notice it during short rides around town, but anytime I ride for more than about 30 minutes, my feet go numb from the vibration.
Is this just a characteristic of parallel twins, or is it due to the lack of rubber on the pegs?
I've never had this problem on an inline four.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I haven't noticed any vibes from the pegs. Maybe its because you came from an inline four & are used to a little more balance. Its odd your feet are going numb. My last bike was a thumper, the Versys feels like a Cadillac in comparison... :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
From what I've read, the engine will smooth out a bit after it's broke-in. If it's still anoying after a 1,000 miles, then take it to the dealer and have them check it out.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I just got mine...she has 2700 miles on it. I did about 200 miles yesterday and did not notice any unexpected vibration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smoothed out.

I noticed the vibrations gradually smoothing out over the past couple hundred miles. It is now barely noticeable, pretty much like any other bike. I guess all it needed was some break in time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vibrations

I picked my Versys up on 8 July and have nearly 150 miles on it. I have noticed quite a bit of vibration from the front end. I tried to find a question/answer on the forums and believe I found it. So it may be because of the parallel pistons? My last bike was a 2005 Honda CBR 600F4i and it was extremely smooth, however the shifting sucked. The Versys shifts like a dream compared to that bike. Just to be sure, has anyone else had a vibration in the beginning, when they had just picked up their bike? I appreciate any answer provided.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts