Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '08 V had a jardine exhaust when I purchased it last week. Too loud for me!
I will be looking on the forum to buy or trade for a stock exhaust.

Just got a new wind shield in the mail. Woo!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Really like the stocker! :thumb:

Nice and quiet! When I knock off a bank I slowly coast away and no one ever knows! :thumb::thumb: $$ ;)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
+3 for the quiet stocker.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a Delkevic 13, tri oval ready to install this w/e. I know I'll miss the quiet but since I ride the V a lot in traffic, I'll feel better if it were louder. If it starts to grind on me my C14 is stock and pretty noiseless.

·
Banned
349 Posts
If you can't find a OEM exhaust to your liking.
You might consider the need to repack the JARDINE canister.
Aftermarket canisters often use fibrous batting that degrades with use.

http://www.jardineproducts.com/index.php/repack-kit.html

"UNIVERSAL CANISTER REPACKING KIT FOR RT-1 EXHAUSTS
JARDINE RECOMMENDS RE PACKING YOUR EXHAUST EVERY YEAR!
THIS WILL HELP FROM HEAT WEARING OUT YOUR EXHAUST AND KEEP YOUR BIKE RUNNING GREAT!"

My '08 V had a jardine exhaust when I purchased it last week. Too loud for me!
I will be looking on the forum to buy or trade for a stock exhaust.

Just got a new wind shield in the mail. Woo!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I like the OEM as well, not sure what the advantage is on a aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I like the OEM as well, not sure what the advantage is on a aftermarket exhaust?
The only advantage I saw was when I was driving the California freeways with the bikes lane splitting around me. The sound alerted me to stay where I was until I knew where the bike was.

Other than that no advantage other than those who enjoy the sound of the unmuffled engine.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I am loving the silence of a stock exhaust, but it is true that loud pipes save lives, and I will most likely wait to change, but I feel like it needs to be done.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Did your bike come with a power commander to go with the pipe? If so, I have a nice clean stocker with about 1500 miles on it I would trade for the commander. I use a Yoshi pipe. It's not very loud, I just think it looks cooler than stock.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
but it is true that loud pipes save lives,
I respectfully disagree. This subject is quite debatable. I happen to think that in the vast majority of accidents involving another vehicle, load pipes make no difference in the outcome.

Only in a very few instances would the load exhaust make another vehicle aware of ones presence and possibly avoid a collision.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'd trade you

I'd be down for an exhaust swap if you're still looking to trade.
I've got an '09 with only about 1,500 miles on it.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
I respectfully disagree. This subject is quite debatable. I happen to think that in the vast majority of accidents involving another vehicle, load pipes make no difference in the outcome.

Only in a very few instances would the load exhaust make another vehicle aware of ones presence and possibly avoid a collision.
I agree with this also. That is why I said the only instance is in California filtering between cars. Sharing a lane is very risky because you are in the blind spot as well as very close to the car.

Otherwise, Hi-vis and extra lighting is the way to go.

Buy a loud pipe because you love the sound or want the attention of people in their front yards. LOL!

When I put Full on DOT Knobbies on my KLR there wasn't a single person who didn't look up from what they were doing in their yard to figure out what that sound was.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Bingo! :thumb:
+1 Just don't do like a neighbor did like this morning around 5:30 when he gets on his hog and has to rev it for everyone in the surrounding neighborhoods to hear. I like exhaust sound but baby my V leaving the neighborhood each morning until I'm out on the open road. :clap:

·
Registered
805 Posts

I can understand. On all of my previous bikes I had super loud exhaust, and I felt that it got too much attention at times. I do love the sound, and it's good for people to hear you coming, but I don't want to anger the neighbors with this bike. I wish there was an exhaust that I could turn on and off, but that's not gonna happen. I guess my best bet is to look for a nice mellow exhaust that sounds good when you grab a big ol' handful of throttle, but doesn't set off car alarms at idle.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I can understand. On all of my previous bikes I had super loud exhaust, and I felt that it got too much attention at times. I do love the sound, and it's good for people to hear you coming, but I don't want to anger the neighbors with this bike. I wish there was an exhaust that I could turn on and off, but that's not gonna happen. I guess my best bet is to look for a nice mellow exhaust that sounds good when you grab a big ol' handful of throttle, but doesn't set off car alarms at idle.
Take a listen. I really enjoy this slip on

1 - 20 of 23 Posts