Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a copy of my experience with TomTom's refusal to honor it's $50 rebate for the Rider GPS. Nice unit, but I won't be purcahsing another TomTom product.

I don’t care to waste any more of my time. I’m providing my reference number above. I’m providing copy of message I recently left on TomTom Forum.

I expect a response within the next three days. I expect my $50 rebate.

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

Michael D. Chieffallo

I'm dealing with the exact situation as you. Don't bother with "Customer Service". Miguel took my call, and handled my emails. He was good as far as response time was concerned. However, he also indicated he knew nothing about the rebate. He indicated he kicked it up to his supervisor after an upset response from me. Latest response was two days ago, indicating I had to use the link "He" provided (I sent the link to him, same as you did) in order to get the rebate. I ALREADY INFORMED THEM I SUBMITTED ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION ON TWO DIFFERENT OCCASIONS !!! This is my first TomTom product - IT WILL BE MY LAST. I will not give up until I get my promised $50. I will continue to share my experience on social media. We should be compensated ABOVE the $50 for our time and aggravation.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Sorry, but I don't understand your post. I follow that you expected a rebate, and TomTom is acting like they know nothing about it.

How about some background.

Where did you buy from?
Where did you get the rebate information?
What did the rebate information say?

Could you be a victim of a bad reseller who dangled a rebate in front of you to get you to buy and no such rebate exists?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem twowheel addict.

I purchased the Rider unit online through BikeBandit. I originally saw the rebate offer on Motorcycle-Superstore.com when doing comparison shopping. This is the link - https://tomtom-rideyourway.sales-promotions.com/
I've purchased items from Motorcycle-Superstore in the past. They are reputable. The rebate offer indicates you need to purchase the Rider unit between certain dates (which I did), then provide proof of purchase (which I did).

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Two things suck about this.
1) TomTom is giving you grief.
2) I bought a Rider the week before the rebate started :(

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Below is a copy of my experience with TomTom's refusal to honor it's $50 rebate for the Rider GPS.
Hell, Kaw refused to honor my $500 rebate. On the bright side, I cashed my $4 rebate from my last bottle of Captain Morgan today. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts