Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2008 Versys in October based on Motorcyclist's recent MOTY award. Since I also have an '05 Goldwing and couldn't get out of the house without the Mrs. as a co-rider I needed a way to ride alone on occasion. It is obviously a totally different ride than the Wing and I have had a ball riding the Versys. It is everything I expected and more.

There are a couple of things that I have noticed with the V that may or may not be typical. Maybe someone can shed some light. First is that there is a lot of vibration at all rpms. I suspect that this is due to the parallel twin configuration, but seems busier than I expected. The second is that the speedometer seems very inaccurate. I've owned a '00 Suzuki Maurader and a '00 CBR F4i which both had speedo error but not nearly as much as the V.

I am not very familiar with forums but this one seems informative and user friendly. Looking forward to keeping up with the V info.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
After getting off a Goldwing a mattress would have vibration. Vibration is typical for an inline twin and usually most notable at the 3 to 4 thousand RPM. The V is not as bad as many bikes though.

The inaccurate speedometer can be corrected by putting a 16 tooth front sprocket on and it is then almost dead on.

Here's a post I did that may help you. Also, do a search here on "front Sprocket" and you will see a lot of people have changed it.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1784

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dallasdon: your instructions and photos on installing the 16 tooth sprocket are excellent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts