Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gee it was cold the other day...65 glorious degrees. So what does one do on such a blustery freezing day???

RIDE!

Joking aside it was a great winter day for riding. Did about an 80 mile loop with a stop at my old Hang gliding spot for a great burger. The little burg of Toll House. The rock face on the right end was where we used to launch from.

Included a couple of other pics of the high Sierra's and a couple of pics of the crap air quality down in the San Joaquin Valley where I live.
It's a typical valley set up. Strong inversion during the winter high pressure which puts a lid at around the 1500 foot level. This traps all the air pollution below it. This provides real incentive to hop on the bike and get up above the crud into the glorious sun shine and blue skies.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
That,s a ride worth riding with such beautiful country...the last picture is awesome.:thumb:

Thanks for sharing your ride and the pictures.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
The natural aspect of California is beautiful. Great state to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there without a few million dollars at my disposal.

I still prefer the green in the southeast even though we have to deal with humidity. Plus the cost of living in the southeast is quite good, and much lower than out west or the northeast!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The natural aspect of California is beautiful. Great state to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there without a few million dollars at my disposal.

I still prefer the green in the southeast even though we have to deal with humidity. Plus the cost of living in the southeast is quite good, and much lower than out west or the northeast!
I've seen some of the fantastic roads back in the Carolina's. Gotta be a motorcyclist's dream.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts