Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning from East Tennessee !

Up at 3:30AM as I just couldn't sleep. Today I pick up my brand spankin new 2014 Versys. Thanks to Kawasaki Corporate, I was able to secure the last one at a dealership on the last day of June for cheaper than what a used 2014 is selling for in the region.

Unfortunately, it's pouring and I have to transport in an open u-haul trailer. Thats right. You read that correctly. A soaked brand new unridden bike. They'll be water spots !

And to make matters worse, I can't legally ride for two weeks as I was unable to squeeze in to this weekend's motorcycle safety course. How do you buy a brand new bike and then bring it home and NOT ride it for 11 days? Why it's un-American!

I'll use the time to add or replace some goodies. I'll probably sit on the seat in the garage and make motorcycle noises too.

Wish me safe travels, please. :thanx:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Good morning from East Tennessee !

I'll probably sit on the seat in the garage and make motorcycle noises too.

:welcome:

I remember before I was 16 y.o. and ready to pick up my new Kaw 400 triple, I was practicing changing gears until I fell asleep, at least one night anyway. All simulations help!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
have fun getting it :) (and ive been riding 20+ years with no endorsement without major trouble)

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: from a one time UT grad student - long ago. Congrats on snagging the bike. Have patience and you'll enjoy it more.

·
Premium Member
16,223 Posts
:welcome: Hell theres millions of ****ers running around out here in Cali with no license,no insurance,etc,etc.......

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
...I'll probably sit on the seat in the garage and make motorcycle noises too.

Wish me safe travels, please. :thanx:
Safe travels,...:welcome:..., be ATGATT while making your noises, but NO 'potato, potato' ones....;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone ! So glad that so many people here have a sense of humor !

Started at 6AM and just got home. It was an adventure worthy of it's own post.

Bottom line, I got the bike home safe. This means that at least on this forum..........

I'm sexy and I know it ! :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
As difficult as it may be to not ride the bike, fight the urge till after you take the class.
Others have posted about riding without a endorsment, but its not worth it. For starters you don't need any possible legal problems. But more importantly, as a new rider you learn a lot of stuff at the coarse. I don't want to read on here of you dropping your new bike from something simple.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agree with HAWKSHOT99. Take the course first. I am bringing my new 2015 versys 1000 home tomorrow, a change from my honda cruiser. Ride safe.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As difficult as it may be to not ride the bike, fight the urge till after you take the class.
Others have posted about riding without a endorsment, but its not worth it. For starters you don't need any possible legal problems. But more importantly, as a new rider you learn a lot of stuff at the coarse. I don't want to read on here of you dropping your new bike from something simple.
I agree. I start the class Friday which means I can have my endorsement by next Monday. We have had so much rain that there is mud and debris all over the roads. I'm in no hurry to bust my can.

1 Week !

·
Premium Member
7,882 Posts
:welcome:and congrats...don't rush and take it easy for a few miles and get the feel of the bike...Be safe and ATGATT.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts