Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the dog down the drive to check the mail and as you can see may not ride today. Have to feel sorry for the couple building there house below where we live as they now have a small creek running through their drive.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We live on top of a small hill so all water flows down from farm around, first photo is across my lawn and into a small 3 acre paddock. 2nd photo is down the shared drive we have with 2 other small lifestyle blocks. Last photo is 2 min down the road close to the small airport at Timaru and the racetrack. Will be interesting to see how my wife gets on when she comes home from work today in the little suzuki swift with 1300 cc of raw power, it may float away lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I really want to know is if her little car will get through, especially such small wheels and 2wd.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
We could use some of that rain! Dry as a bone here! Crops are hurting bad. Starting to kill alot of the fish.

Lucky you are on a hill! :thumb:

I think you should pick her up with the truck!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome stuff Kiwi, beautiful place :)
Looks better when is not raining, in winter it is real beautiful with snow capped mountains on a fine blue sky day, summer okay to, we feel blessed to live in the area we live, the south island of NZ only has a 1/4 of NZ population but landmass is slightly larger than the north island in my opinion this part of middle earth (The south island) is one of the worlds most beautiful places and great for riding bikes of course.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Isn't this a great planet.
Here, we are having a scorching, record beating summer with 45C degrees and no decant rain in months.
All this just after 4 months of coldest, longest and hardest winter remembered in this area.

Hey Phil, are those Merino sheep? I pay an arm and a leg for a pair of Merino wool socks and you have it running around the yard.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ivan, they are not merino but i am not sure what those one are but I do know what a merino sheep looks like as they are bred for their fine wool and usually you find them in high country but these sheep in photo will be bred for meat down on lowlands, they still produce wool but not as higher quality as merino.

Merino goes into clothing called icebreaker which is a NZ company and I use that gear for on bike and going out to town in the car as it good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts