Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I just put on the above mentioned tire duo after quite a bit of research and am wondering what tire pressures are being run for both On/Off -- for those with the same combo. I bought my used 2011 V 650 with some thoroughly shagged Pirelli MT60s and they had a nice turn-in and held a line on pavement but were pretty lacking off-road.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Interesting, MT 60s were my previous combo and I too bought real tires - tkc80 front and e07+ Dakar rear afterwards.

For tarmac i run 2.5 bar front/rear. Off-road - 1.8 on both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
36/26 (psi). Nice and simple. I’m hoping these give the mileage I’ve been reading about. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
Greetings, I just put on the above mentioned tire duo after quite a bit of research and am wondering what tire pressures are being run for both On/Off -- for those with the same combo. I bought my used 2011 V 650 with some thoroughly shagged Pirelli MT60s and they had a nice turn-in and held a line on pavement but were pretty lacking off-road.
FWIW - the mechanic at the shop I bought my '08 V650 (NEW!) recommended 36psiF, 42psiR. Since then I've run those pressures in EVERY tire including knobbies, and on EVERY bike I've had. I'm very happy w/ the riding, wear, etc, and I even got OVER 29,000 miles on a REAR METZLER TOURANCE, size 130/80 x 17, installed on the front of my '08!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts